Ford Cd6000 Aux Audio Input

J

JOHNBAXTER

Ford focus (new shape) & fitted with Cd6000. How do I get a plug to wire out the AUX input to the unit. Seems a simple problem, but no Ford dealer can help & no one seems to know wher a plug can be purchased. And does anyone have the pin wiring connections ? Any help appreciated.

JOHNBAXTER said:
Ford focus (new shape) & fitted with Cd6000. How do I get a plug to wire out the AUX input to the unit. Seems a simple problem, but no Ford dealer can help & no one seems to know wher a plug can be purchased. And does anyone have the pin wiring connections ? Any help appreciated.

I'm a bit confused...easily done :D

What are you trying to do? What sort of plug are you looking for? The input for the AUX is in the glove box...are you looking to move it?

I have same problem as John Baxter. I have a new Ford Focus C Max with a CD6000 with an AUX button but NO connection in the glove box. What is needed to connect my MP3 player?

BTW Ford are useless three dealers I contacted had absolutely no idea as to what was required, what after market kit to buy or even who to contact. Someone out there must know.

I think I read on another forum that the aux cable is there, it is just left in behind the glove box on some models. Best place to check for more info is on www.ffoc.co.uk there will be someone on there who could tell you for certain

Managed to get the unit out of car this weekend. No cable hidden and no input sockets available it must use a multi changer emulator to get music from MP3 player into radio.

I am going to try a cheaper option using an FM Modulator from Maplins which goes in series with the aerial only £30. I'll let you know how I get on.

I would recommend the connects2 box which gives you aux in put using the cd changer port as it works very well

Right there boys and girls this took me long time to find out but most aux leads are only fitted to higher spec vehicles .

After some investigation and some help from ford managed to track down the genuine lead which is avaliable for cars registered after 10/05 so the new shape only really although have been told as long as it is the type with the volume button in the middle this lead will fit .

The lead comes with all fitting kit (three cable ties and plugs straight in back of stereo ) then all you need is a male to male 3.5 mm jack lead from maplins , the ford lead cost less than a tenner including the vat and the ford part no is

Ford Part Number: 1426121
quote this when you order , if you dont have an mp3 player but i pod instead this lead also works ..
Hope this helps and what could be easier
:hiya:

Got completely fed up with Ford over this issue as well

Spoke to a few people before deciding to do the whole thing myself
Got the info I needed directly from the manufacturer and the whole
process cost me under £25.

Have posted the whole thing here is the url

http://web.mac.com/zifnab/iWeb/Vist...Aux input on A Visteon 6000CD in a C-Max.html

Hope this helps

Lex :clap:

Can anybody confirm that this will work with a Ford Focus Zetec 2.0i that has a 6000CD fitted (Year 2000). Don't know if the pin-out's will be the same.....

Can anybody confirm that this will work with a Ford Focus Zetec 2.0i that has a 6000CD fitted (Year 2000). Don't know if the pin-out's will be the same.....

Seems that the post with link above doesnt apply to Zetec 2.0l with 6000CD as it has no quadlock connector :(

Only has three connectors, I believe its power, then in the middle cd changer interface then the other is speaker connections.

Need to know how to convert the cd changer interface to aux in, anyone? I've tried ford and viston but no success. Seems silly to buy an expensive connects2 unit when it should be a simple job!

Thanks for this.
Lead also works on a NEW MODEL Ford Focus (with the 6000cd which has the volume control in the centre).
By way of an update on the keys required to remove the stereo my local Ford dealer would have had no problem selling these to me (£7 for the 4) but I had already ordered off ebay (seller: outlett)
Steve
Right there boys and girls this took me long time to find out but most aux leads are only fitted to higher spec vehicles .

After some investigation and some help from ford managed to track down the genuine lead which is avaliable for cars registered after 10/05 so the new shape only really although have been told as long as it is the type with the volume button in the middle this lead will fit .

The lead comes with all fitting kit (three cable ties and plugs straight in back of stereo ) then all you need is a male to male 3.5 mm jack lead from maplins , the ford lead cost less than a tenner including the vat and the ford part no is

quote this when you order , if you dont have an mp3 player but i pod instead this lead also works ..

I have a 2006 Ford Focus with 6000CD made by Visteon
I removed a Visteon 6 CD (model 2080) changer from my old focus and fitted it to my new Focus. There is no socket on the back of 6000CD to plug changer into.
When I search for adaptor wiring I only find Sony, Kenwood, Alpine etc. Is Visteon the same as any of these. Any help would be appriciated

Thanks Hatty

I have a 2006 Ford Focus with 6000CD made by Visteon
I removed a Visteon 6 CD (model 2080) changer from my old focus and fitted it to my new Focus. There is no socket on the back of 6000CD to plug changer into.
When I search for adaptor wiring I only find Sony, Kenwood, Alpine etc. Is Visteon the same as any of these. Any help would be appriciated

Thanks Hatty

Hatty
Leave it with me, I'll ask the question at work on Monday.
I work for Visteon Audio Product Development.

I don't think that you will be able to connect your auto changer to the 6000CD.
When they launched the 6000CD, Ford decided that seeing as they now offer an 'In-Dash' 6CD changer, there wasn't any need to keep the connector for the external changer.

Cheers Gary

Hi,
Could you list me the things that I need to get my iPod working with the AUX input. My Car stereo is CD 6000 for the new shaped ford focus 06 reg. Right now i am using a FM transmitter, but the quality is really poor.
Thanks

Soubhikd

If your still not sorted Check out Chris Bonds solution below dated 21st May 2007.

I did it for less than a fiver just buying the 3.5mm pcb jack socket from Maplins and using a spare switch blank cover to support the socket

Good luck

Hatty

Thanks hatty ... I was confused with what bunnyboydan had quoted ...
so you mean that I would need the 3.5 mm PCB jack, A Ford Switch Blank cover and the leads to pull out the player?
I think you own the same car that I own ...

Soubhikd

If your still not sorted Check out Chris Bonds solution below dated 21st May 2007.

I did it for less than a fiver just buying the 3.5mm pcb jack socket from Maplins and using a spare switch blank cover to support the socket

Good luck

Hatty

Soubhikd

You got it.

If you have a spare switch blank cover not being used on the switch panel you can use one of those to save buying a new one from Ford.

Thanks Hatty!
This saturday will be the dooms day :D

Soubhikd

You got it.

If you have a spare switch blank cover not being used on the switch panel you can use one of those to save buying a new one from Ford.

Hatty
Leave it with me, I'll ask the question at work on Monday.
I work for Visteon Audio Product Development.

I don't think that you will be able to connect your auto changer to the 6000CD.
When they launched the 6000CD, Ford decided that seeing as they now offer an 'In-Dash' 6CD changer, there wasn't any need to keep the connector for the external changer.

Cheers Gary

Hi Hatty,

I am from France and I will try to speak correct english. :oops:

So I'am very interested by the technical manual of Visteon 6000 CD for Ford fiesta 2006.
I am ready to pay it.
How can I get it ?

Thanks in advance

Little-Dragon

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hello to all at AVForums - I have been reading for a while but now its time to join!

Please can any of you help me connect an MP3 Aux input to my Visteon 6000CD CD/radio - with CDDJ button?
I have visited several AVForum Threads, all of which have been useful but none of them has the answer.

Car: Ford Focus built mid-2005 - new shape
CD/Radio: Visteon 6000CD - central rotary volume control, CDDJ button (not Aux), and
Quadlock connector

My aim is select the MP3 by using the CDDJ button.
Attempts so far:
Tried InCarTec Autoleads 24-220 'Aux-in to Ford Radio' adaptor lead.
This consists of a white 12-pin connector that fits into the unused 'C connector' on the Quadlock.
It connects pins 5,6 and 11 to 2 RCA sockets.
Result: Unable to connect. Pressing CDDJ button produces "No CDDJ" on radio display for a couple of seconds, before reverting to Radio.

Tried Connects2 CTVFOX002 (later found advertised as incompatible!)
Same result: Unable to connect. Pressing CDDJ button produces "No CDDJ" on radio display for a couple of seconds, before reverting to Radio.

Not tried: Ford Part Number 1426121 'AUX input connector Kit' which I have seen marked as 'not suitable for CDDJ' units.

Questions:

Is there a different Ford cable available for the 6000CD with CDDJ button?
Is there a way of persuading the 6000CD that there is a CDDJ connected? What signals should be on which pins?
Is a software patch to the 6000CD needed?

Can anyone help, please?

Mike

Hello to all at AVForums - I have been reading for a while but now its time to join!

Please can any of you help me connect an MP3 Aux input to my Visteon 6000CD CD/radio - with CDDJ button?
I have visited several AVForum Threads, all of which have been useful but none of them has the answer.

Car: Ford Focus built mid-2005 - new shape
CD/Radio: Visteon 6000CD - central rotary volume control, CDDJ button (not Aux), and
Quadlock connector

My aim is select the MP3 by using the CDDJ button.
Attempts so far:
Tried InCarTec Autoleads 24-220 'Aux-in to Ford Radio' adaptor lead.
This consists of a white 12-pin connector that fits into the unused 'C connector' on the Quadlock.
It connects pins 5,6 and 11 to 2 RCA sockets.
Result: Unable to connect. Pressing CDDJ button produces "No CDDJ" on radio display for a couple of seconds, before reverting to Radio.

Tried Connects2 CTVFOX002 (later found advertised as incompatible!)
Same result: Unable to connect. Pressing CDDJ button produces "No CDDJ" on radio display for a couple of seconds, before reverting to Radio.

Not tried: Ford Part Number 1426121 'AUX input connector Kit' which I have seen marked as 'not suitable for CDDJ' units.

Questions:

Is there a different Ford cable available for the 6000CD with CDDJ button?
Is there a way of persuading the 6000CD that there is a CDDJ connected? What signals should be on which pins?
Is a software patch to the 6000CD needed?

Can anyone help, please?

Mike

I am having the same issue. Does anybody know of a cable available to for the 6000CD with CDDJ button?

Hi people I hope you can help me?!!

I am trying to fit an aux port into my wifes ford focus 55 plate new model. I have the cd6000 with the aux button. I have purchased the above ford part number (1426121) and release keys after reading the above post.

Once I managed to get the stereo out I noticed that there is no spare port in the back of the stereo to plug this new part into. However there is one identical to the port i am trying to attach but with different colour wires. The wires in the currently attached port are black, purple/white and silver/white. Does anybody know what these are for and how can I attach my new port? Also where is the best place to fit the aux input? I know direct from ford they put it in the glove box but has anybody found somewhere with easier access?.Or could someone explain the best way to fit in the glove box. After some investigation i have found i have no spare/blanks on the dash.

Please advise!?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom