Ford Anti Corrosion Warrenty

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cdrider, Mar 16, 2006.

1. cdrider

cdrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Anyone know anything about this? Started seeing rust on my Focus under the boot sill and rear side passenger door. A guy at work sent me a link to the Ford website that says all cars come with a 6 year anti corrosion warrenty but that' about all it says!

If anyone has used this what are the steps? Just make an appointment at a main dealer and leave it in for a few days?

cheers

2. maix27

maix27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've been reliably informed by my editor for Performance Ford magazine that you can take it back to your dealer and get it replaced, unless it is due to stone chips, or anything else that could be your neglect. Other than that, the dealer should sort everything out for you.

It's always easier if you take it to the same place you bought it, assuming you bought it new. Other than that you'll need all the documents etc to go with it...

3. Bat-man

Bat-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +561
    Surely the anti corrosion warranty is for corrosion from the inside out. ie: perforation.

4. Bobdk

Bobdk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    My experience of anti corrosion warranties is that they are very good right up to the point you try to use them. Normally the dealer will go into great detail explaining that, unfortunately, the rust apprearing on your car isn't the sort the warranty covers. Be ready for the argument.

5. cdrider

cdrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Got it booked in for an assessment on the 24th. The guy on the phone pretty much went to great lengths to tell me why it probably wouldn't be covered!

The car is 6 years old this year too but off the top of my head I can't remember when it was registered. Knowing my luck it probably went over hte 6 year mark when the new reg plates came out this month :rolleyes:

Ah well, will see what happens next week.

cheers for the replies :)