Ford 6000 ipod aux

l33haw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help. I have a 2005 Ford Focus and have bought an AUX in to 3.5mm jack to connect my iphone.

From what i have read on this site I beleived this would not give me control through the head unit, but would allow playback when the AUX button (or CD changer button in my case) is pressed. However after taking the head unit out and plugging it in to try (pics attached) it doesnt work.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Many thanks

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,834
Lee,

So with the iPod attached and the volume set to max and the Headunit in AUX mode you dont get volume?

have you tried a different 3mm jack lead?

Dal

Hi Dal,

When i press the CD changer button in flashes up something like 'no cd changer' and goes strait back to the radio mode it was previously on. So basically It doesnt even allow me into the AUX mode to try.

Is there a setting i need to turn on in the head unit itself?

Thanks

Can you post a pic of the headunit please matey?

Dal

Attached.

Its the CDDJ button that (i beleive) controls the AUX mode.

Attachments

• Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 2,966
Right I had the 6000 in my Fiesta a few years ago but it was different to yours it actually said AUX

I think this is where the problem lies???

Dal

Possibly. Would be useful if someone could tell me the difference between the 'aux' and 'CDDJ' version.

Possibly. Would be useful if someone could tell me the difference between the 'aux' and 'CDDJ' version.

If you do a search for 6000 CD on google you will see a thread from 2008 on avforums that talk about this issue mate.

Dal

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom