Forced to Disconnect???

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Pyara, Sep 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Pyara

Pyara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was currently subscribing to the £16 sky package which I beleive is very good value for money, furthermore I have a Sky+ subscription for £10, this makes a total of £26 per month.

Having recently purchased a new car (and PS2!!!), I noticed that we generally watch more the of the terrestrial and free to view channels, most of our recordings are on BB1 etc.

I therefor contacted Sky to terminate our £16 package subscription, BUT keep the Sky+ subscription ongoing, however apparently that cannot be done?

I was told by 2 different opperators that Sky+ subscription can only run alongside a channel package; therefor I have unfortunately had to terminate everything.

They have a 30 day notice period, so 11 Oct I should be disconnected, it's a shame as I was really enjoying the series link and pause features, definately a talking point!!!

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be wrong but I think you will still be able to pause live tv! Perhaps you'd let us know!

DaveP

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    There was a poster in the DS forums that when SKY+ was launched wanted just the recording options with the FTV channels. It took him a while but that's what he eventually got so all he pays is the £10 SKY+ subscription with no channel package.

I've just been checking the DS forum and I see you've posted there and got the answer:)

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Starburst is absolutely right.
    Skyplus+ can be used with a FTA card, just ask Sky for the Free To Air Skyplus+ contract for the £10 per month payment.