Forced EPG upgrade for Sky+ V2 not working

lscolman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to load the latest EPG upgrade onto my Sky+ V2 box to allow me to use the red dot timeout facility, but I've tried a couple of forced updates, and it keeps doesn't upgrade.

I'm using the power down, then power up holding the backup button on the front of the unit, until the software upgrade message appears. The unit resets after about 10 minutes.

I then power it up with the Sky button on the remote, and it's still on the old version of the software.

Should I leave the box in standby for a bit longer after the forced upgrade?

I don't have an activated card in the box at the time of the upgrade, could this be the reason?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

You don't want the new version, believe me ! It's full of bugs.

It's quite possible that Sky could have turned off the update facility because they have had so many complaints.

Hi Nick,
I'm only using the box for Freesat (the non subscription channels), but I hate having to press Backup all the time to get rid of the red dot.

I guess they could have disabled the update facility. I'll give them a call.

Cheers, Lee

lscolman said:
Hi Nick,
I'm only using the box for Freesat (the non subscription channels), but I hate having to press Backup all the time to get rid of the red dot.

I guess they could have disabled the update facility. I'll give them a call.

Cheers, Lee

You'll hate it even more if your box keeps locking up and half the functions don't work. Look at the threads on this subject - there's a lot of people in these forums who would love to go back to where you are now !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom