Force Software update on Panny

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Matty N, May 23, 2001.

1. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I force the software update on my Panasonic (silver one :) ) digibox. I fear that the new update won't apply at the mo but I MUST try.

Besides, by the current rate of tree growth I reckon we've only got a picture for the next month at best!!

Matt

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To force an update on any digibox. Unplug from mains, press the 'backup' button whilst plugging the mains back into the set. The three front LEDs should now light up. It is now updating...should take about three minutes.

3. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Brian, all sorted but no new EPG :(

Guess Panasonic boxes are somewhere down the list from the other models being discussed

4. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    My Silver Panasonic box got its upgrade sometime between this morning and last night. I did not have to force a download. I don't think it has anything to do with what box you have. I would have thought that the majority of Pace box owners would have been early adopters, or it could be what area you live in, Even alphabetical order. These are just guesses but sky have a lot of boxes to upgrade.