For your information 29

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by KuriousOranj82, Nov 28, 2010.

1. KuriousOranj82

KuriousOranj82
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been getting this message^^ since last night and was wondering whether or not it is because we have been having some terrible weather?!? I'm up in Newcastle and the snow has been on and off for the last couple of days. I'm sure we've had snow like this in the past and all has been well with the sky though.

I've managed to remove all the snow off the dish and it hasn't been snowing for about 6 hours, but still getting the same FYI 29 message :(

Phoned the customer service line and the lady basically took me through everything I had already tried, switching on and off, checking cables, removing cards. She also mentioned the call out charge of £65 :mad: lol but told me to leave it for 24 hours and then get in touch again if everything is the same.

I've had no problems with my sky box in the past and had the same box for about 12 years. GRUNDIG 286_542.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    The Grundig model no starts with "GDS" so report back with the correct model no taken from the label.
    They are prone to duff capacitors in the power supply.

3. KuriousOranj82

KuriousOranj82
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GDS 200/1 :smashin:

The box has been going for years and had no trouble til this bad spell of weather, but suppose it could eventually be dying :laugh:

4. SnappyPix

SnappyPix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had the same problem this evening - and I live in Newcastle too. :eek:
    Tried all the diagnostics and even tried my old box, to see if it was a box problem. Same problem on both boxes.
    (Interestingly, one of the things Sky wanted me to do was to swap round the dish inputs at the back, and give them back the LNB readings. I suppose to try and diagnose if it was a connector problem?)
    My box is still under warranty, so Sky are sending someone out to take a look on Tuesday. Since then the picture has come back.
    Initially came back with TV guide, but still no signal - and error 25. Did a planner rebuild and now have Sky again.

As my receiver is still under warranty, I'm still keen for them to come out - and replace my cabling/dish if necessary. I inherited the dish from the previous owner - and it must be around 15 years old now - the wiring was inherited from our first box - back in 2001. I've had a succession of receivers since then, but all installers have just used the old cabling and never checked the signal. I think the moisture is starting to get into the cables.

Hope your signal comes back soon. :(

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    This model is prone to power supply problems.
    A repair kit is available.

6. SnappyPix

SnappyPix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ha! Spoke too soon!

Had fault 29.
    Fault 25.
    Brief hiatus of a picture.