For you connection junkies

Cheers for that, if only the Philips and Sony's of this world would offer that kind of connectivity!!

Good price as well, anyone got any experience/opinions on this set??????? as I'm intrigued.

This wee Viewsonic caused a bit of a stir late last year because of its connectivity and its pricing. It was one of the sets that I considered during the long LCD trawl last November. Trouble was, nobody had one for me to try! Very frustrating.

It certainly seems to be a fairly good we performer, but nothing spectacular. It has a 15:9 aspect ratio and a pretty average/poor Contrast Ratio. This points to an older type of screen. The internal tuner has drawn some criticism too. There are now increasing numbers of these types of screens around now...

But, for the price, it is OK, especially considering those copious connections!

The N3200 is quite a looker!

Jimmy

PS. I've just noticed on the Register review of the Viewsonic that they made the classic error of giving the full nomenclature of HDCP as High Definition Content Protection. I noticed that Home Cinema Choice have made the same mistake about seven times in their latest issue. You'd think these folks would know what it really means! Really annoying...

Cheers Jimmy, those magazine monkeys should take a look on here......perhaps they'd learn something!! :)

PS. I've just noticed on the Register review of the Viewsonic that they made the classic error of giving the full nomenclature of HDCP as High Definition Content Protection. I noticed that Home Cinema Choice have made the same mistake about seven times in their latest issue. You'd think these folks would know what it really means! Really annoying...

Why? That is the correct meaning of HDCP!

http://www.digital-cp.com/

jimg said:
Why? That is the correct meaning of HDCP!

http://www.digital-cp.com/

Well I am scratching my head now.

You say "High Definition Content Protection" is "the correct meaning of HDCP".

Then provide a link that shows it as "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection"

Yeah, jimg.

What are you talking about?

High Definition Content Protection is WRONG!

Get a grip.

Jimmy

jimg,

No A-PLOOGY(?) necessary.

Interesting that the second link you put in has a third variation on the initials!

After the HCC gaff I had big discussions with the HiDef lot in the Forum and they universally pointed me to the link that you had in your origional post, so I am content to accept that HDCP means High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection.

Having said that, I think Hi Def Content Protocol makes better sense!

Ho Hum,

Jimmy

Jimsan,
The main thing is we have sets that have HDCP!
Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

Damn tootin' jimg!

I do feel really sorry for the numerous Sony/Panasonic owners who are kicking themselves for believing that these sets are HDTV ready.....

Jimmy

Yeh me too, to think, I nearly bought a Panny if it weren't for you guys saving me.

Now I can save my pennies for ever and ever and get my 9986. Or there is another thread by a chap named Parm, who seems to have about 50000 tv's, averaging about 200 a room me thinks.......perhaps I could nab one of his and he wouldn't notice??? or perhaps I could just ask :)

His house sounds lush. Check out the thread, it's called LCD >£1000. mmmmmm

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom