1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those with the CTL / mediaPC.tv case - fit your remote receiver inside the case

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Skunkpipe, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those of you who have the CTL or mediaPC.tv media centre case I found a neat way of mounting the MS remote receiver nice and stealthily inside the case.
    Essentially if you remove the IR receiver board from its housing it can be mounted vertically on the front of the case behind the blank 'VFD' panel in the centre of the case. The mounting holes are already in place, all you need is some sort of spacer (I used those brass hexagon motherboard/case riser screw thingies, but mica washer or somesuch will suffice.) The USB cable can then be fed through to a USB connector at the back - alternatevly, the wires use teh std Red/White/Green/Black USB colour code, so you can cut this cable to length, crimp on some connectors and attach it to your M/board header (I'll be doing this later)
    I'll get photos up if anyone is interested.

2. shreddieeddie

shreddieeddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Would be interested to see some photo's if you would be so kind, just got the case today and looking at doing this.

Thanks mate.

3. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. shreddieeddie

shreddieeddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Looks spot on, all I need now is the washer thingy's and anther USB cable to fit internally on the motherboard.

Thanks for the pics.

5. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The wires are std colour coded for usb so you have
    RED Power +ve
    WHITE D-
    GREEN D+
    BLACK - Ground

you can the connect to the motherboard USB header, either by crimping a connector of , or if you have a a USB backplane that came with the motherbaord you could patch it into this.

6. comedypedro

comedypedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reciever also fits in a 3.5" (floppy) bay in a normal pc case. I just need to shorten the wire and attach to mobo USB connector and figure out the best way to hold the reciever in place(at the minute its held with blu-tac!!).

7. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTTT for deksawyer