For those with a harmony remote

Forestred

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a little help, I have the Logitech Harmony 659 remote and have set it up to use the 'Watch TV function' I just have one little problem which I hoped you may be able to help me with.

The watch tv action button does the following:

1) Turns on TV
2) Sets it to AV1
3) Turns on surround sound
4) Sets it to TV

The problem I have is that my TV has a kind of soft start feature which means that it doesn't reigster the AV1 command until it has started fully, is there any way I can add a delay between commands 1 & 2?

Thanks
Forestred

Forestred said:
I need a little help, I have the Logitech Harmony 659 remote and have set it up to use the 'Watch TV function' I just have one little problem which I hoped you may be able to help me with.

The watch tv action button does the following:

1) Turns on TV
2) Sets it to AV1
3) Turns on surround sound
4) Sets it to TV

The problem I have is that my TV has a kind of soft start feature which means that it doesn't reigster the AV1 command until it has started fully, is there any way I can add a delay between commands 1 & 2?

Thanks
Forestred

Yes,

go to the menu --> Devices --> Choose 'More Options' next to your TV --> Adjust the delays (speed settings) --> Change the 'Power On Delay' to the number of seconds your TV needs - eg 3 seconds = 3000ms

:thumbsup:

Right that is sorted now - thanks very much, on to my next problem - how have you guys set up the red green blue and yellow buttons on your harmony for sky? I need an obvious system so the missus won't complain she is already wowed by the fact it will controll the lights and the PVR as well (although I've only told her it'll control the PVR and not actually set it up yet), the last thing I want is to get things set-up with one button push etc. only only to find that the coloured buttons are a pain

Forestred said:
Right that is sorted now - thanks very much, on to my next problem - how have you guys set up the red green blue and yellow buttons on your harmony for sky? I need an obvious system so the missus won't complain she is already wowed by the fact it will controll the lights and the PVR as well (although I've only told her it'll control the PVR and not actually set it up yet), the last thing I want is to get things set-up with one button push etc. only only to find that the coloured buttons are a pain

As you were kind enough to 'Thank me' I will try to help you again:

I dont have Sky, I have Telewest so there maybe a better way than this. Ideally you just want to adda an activity 'Watch Sky' and find your PVR - assuming you have SKy + from the list of hardware. That should setup everything correctly.

Failing that, What you can do is is add the device manually, if the buttons arent programmed properly - go into the device (Sky PVR) and More Options and then customise the behaviour for the buttons and 'learn' the behaviour for each of the coloured buttons from the original sky remote.

Advanced stuff: dont try this until you are confident with the remote and menu's. There is kind of a hack so you can programme multiple commands with one button press.

example: Interactive button (to bring up menu on your PVR) followed by 'Ok' to go into the first option (which could be something like 'TV guide') To achieve this, simply create a soft button called 'TV guide' on the customise commands for PVR activity. Make sure the PVR goes to 'Menu' and then learn the command for 'OK' from your PVR remote to another device like the TV (call this something like 'PVR OK' so you dont get confused with the standard 'OK' from you TV remote), then assign this command to the TV in the soft button.

Not the most elegant, but it works!

Thank you, I think I will have to have a bit of a play about with this one but I think I will wait until I am more confident with the menu system as my PVR is a Hauppage PC card and not Sky+

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom