1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who have or are about to buy D.P. av32r/192r.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Steve.EX, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    All

A bit of first hand experience/knowledge to share here.

As some of you may know i purchased a new D.P 32r (selling my original) back in mid April, and have only now in the last 2 weeks got a unit that i feel is performing correctly

To cut a long story short you should connect a cd playeretc to the unit via sp/dif and listen to a quiet track in direct mode, you are listening for a spitting sound much akin to an rf spike etc from the left or right channel. this is something that at least several units suffered from and i feel may well be more simply to owners have yet to unearth it. As i undrstand it (spending many hours in correspondance with J Mulcahy (one of Tags top Technical chaps) there is/was a problem with crosstalk across the front two channels.
    anyway i would say that my unit number is 5048 and presumably all after that are not affected, but i only received it backk a couple of weeks ago so the modifications are very recent indeed.
    This affected both 32's and 192's but not all as i understand it.

I would end that if like the earlier post you are able to get one for 2000 (just unbelievable really) then it is a sensational buy, although dissapointed with the companys' situation i love the processor and i paid alot more for it, just be aware that this problem exists and have it seen to as soon as possible.

Regards

Steven