For those of us that have version 3.0 already

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobM

Very likely. The only legitimate way to have gotten 3.0 is to be a subscribed developer and pay your fees to get it. But even that has a risk as the 3.0 Developer firmware is identified as a developer version, which has the potential to stop you from upgrading to the consumer version.

These warnings have been known from day-one but people just ignored it and installed anyway.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Yeah this will be talking about the various Betas that were floating round! Not the golden master that we've all installed! :thumbsup:

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Personally, I think it's unlikely that the phone would check with the 'mothership' to see if the owner of the device has a ADC subscription. It doesn't make sense. I can add the UUID of my friends iPhone to my list of devices in ADC so I can test apps on his device. The only difference to his device would be a provisioning profile that will let my app run. Nothing to do with checking if he has a ADC subscription. He owns the phone, the registered name is his, not mine. It doesn't make sense that the phone would check with the 'mothership'.

If the phone got bricked I would say its more likely the user did something wrong, the download was bad or it was just one of those things that happens when firmware is upgraded on devices.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Yeah this will be talking about the various Betas that were floating round! Not the golden master that we've all installed! :thumbsup:
if you've installed the one given to the developers dont count on that as being the 'gold' release

StevieDvd

Novice Member
There were forums explaining a back door method of loading the OS3 beta without having your uuid registered to bypass the activation.

I guess it's possible that it's these that could be in trouble rather than those phones registered via a developer account. But even then that's probably the few who just try to upgrade using itunes directly and not via a downloaded firmware.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
i installed 3.0 last night on my phone and my wifes. Its been perfect all day.

version "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" (which is the gold release and the version that will be on iTunes tomorrow.

infact half way through the day i got a message from O2 that told me my MMS had been activated. :smashin:

i've had no problems with it at all.

G

DJACID

Novice Member
there is always way back if you bricked the iphone,
long as the phone turns on,
you can do what ever you want to it,

my mate bricked is iphone just for a laugh,
he was trying to make his own firmware.....:D

for me the iphone has been the easiest to work on...

Last edited:

Jase Winter

i installed 3.0 last night on my phone and my wifes. Its been perfect all day.

version "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" (which is the gold release and the version that will be on iTunes tomorrow.

infact half way through the day i got a message from O2 that told me my MMS had been activated. :smashin:

i've had no problems with it at all.

G
I installed the same release of 3.0, also got my MMS activated today, no probs so far.

Hitby

I'm downloading iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw now - I assume I can just install it (option click on check for update) in itunes without being part of the developer programme? Is that right? I know it's coming tomorrow but I'm an impatient sod!

Jase Winter

I'm downloading iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw now - I assume I can just install it (option click on check for update) in itunes without being part of the developer programme? Is that right? I know it's coming tomorrow but I'm an impatient sod!
Hold down shift while you press check for update and it will bring up a browser so you can point to the file.

Hitby

yeah, it's option check for update on a mac :thumbsup: - anyway, in answer to my question - yes, you can just install it :) Now running on 3.0. Copy/Paste is nice as is spotlight> can't remember what else they added though :D

tony kop77

Do I have to back up my songs and purchases before downloading 3.0?

rob99

Some good stuff
if you buy a film off itunes and pay for HD
"The SD version of this item will be downloaded to this device
and the HD version will be available for download to your computer " pretty cool

LanceR

Tried to run the file and I get an error saying it can't be updated because the firmware is not compatible. Am I doing something wrong?

LanceR

sussed it only partial download of the file all installed and running fine, will play in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett