for the love of god what are the correct 9986 picture settings

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by mike32pf9966/79, Mar 7, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mike32pf9966/79

mike32pf9966/79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this has got to be my 10 post on this matter and i find it hard to believe that none of you have a 9986 and that havent perfected picture settings since its obviousely a older model you perfectionists should have the correct settings by know only 2 people replied to 10 of my posts when im sure there is atleast 20 owners using this forum,come on!!!!!:thumbsdow

2. Headspun

Headspun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You have my sympathies Mike. I'd go out and buy a 9986 myself just so that I could help you out 'cept I'm saving for a Sony "X" series. Sorry.

3. Lin3ar

Lin3ar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,777
    My god, if it bothers you that much buy a calibration disc and do it yourself.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

4. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    There are no "correct" settings for any television. Nothing is created entirely equal. (that's what manufacturing tolerances are for) and as such, what may be perfect on one screen may not be with another. Not only that, but it depends on what equipment you're hooking up, how it's hooked up, what quality of cables you're using etc.

Buy a calibration DVD such as Avia or Digitial Video Essentials (I prefer Avia myself, although they both end up with the same results - Avia is just much quicker/easier) and get at least much closer to the "correct" settings without paying £200+ for complete calibration. (or you may want to go down that route if it bothers you so much)

5. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    If you want perfection, get a ISF Calibration for around £250. Or a disc such as Avia or DVE as andrew recommended. Other than that just play with your settings until you get a picture that you're perfectly happy with.

Alternatively use the search function and see if anyone else has posted this and generated more replies than you have.

Thanks
    Stuart