For the love of God, I need some advice...

ohoward

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok, I want to upgrade my 32" Evesham LCD. I'll be putting this in the bedroom and want a 42" panel in the lounge. I'm looking at plasma as I understand that at that sort of size, LCD can be prone to ghosting/blur etc etc.

I'm also on a budget, £700-£800 and have come up with a few likely contenders so far:

1) SAMSUNG-PS42C96HDX / SAMSUNG PS42Q97HDX

2) PHILIPS 42PFP5532D

3) LG 42PC55

4) JVC LT42DA8BJ

5) HITACHI P42H01U / HITACHI 42PD8700

The problem now is that my head is literally spinning with all the specs and i simply cannot make a decision...please, for the love of god and all that is holy, help me to decide? If you know of any other panels in my price range, suggest away.

Philips 42PFP5532D - £585 - - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal/43914/philips-42pfp5532d-plasma-585-3-yea

Pany px70 - £820 (with PED / DVD Player / Surround sound) - -http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal/43508/panasonic-th42-px70-42-hd-ready-dig

Go for the Sammy C96 over the Q97 - Q97 has issues with its ultra bright filter producing faint lines accross the screen. The only other difference is something to do with a movie mode and maybe an HDMI. Oh and you can get the 50 inch C96 for £820 in curries.digital.

Ive decided to go with the Pany x70 deal above, purely because I think the 50 inch samsung C96 will be too big for my room and will show flaws in the pic too easily. The panny has been known to have both buzzing and green ghosting issues, although many say they havn't experienced this. It also displays the best SD picture. It still pains me to choose a 42inch over a 50inch for the same price....

Im also new to this tv ****, so if Im wrong someone feel free to correct me.

Panasonic would be a safer/better choice than any of the makes listed in post #1

Hitachi and Philips use ALiS panels. Poor blacks etc. Best avoided.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom