For the head shavers among us

This has been the best thing I've purchased in the last 12 months if anyone is looking for something similar to the Skull Shaver...

I use it roughly every 3 days, lasts a good few weeks on a charge, and really easy to clean.
Absolutely no shaving rash at all from using it, and I just rub a bit of Nivea after shave balm into my head after I've used it to keep my head nice and cool :cool:

For the last two decades I've owned a Philishave 8894 as used by James Bond in Die Another Day.

Well, you can't do better than emulate 007 and a mere snip at £220! :smashin:

This has been the best thing I've purchased in the last 12 months if anyone is looking for something similar to the Skull Shaver...

I use it roughly every 3 days, lasts a good few weeks on a charge, and really easy to clean.
Absolutely no shaving rash at all from using it, and I just rub a bit of Nivea after shave balm into my head after I've used it to keep my head nice and cool :cool:

Looks excellent. Typically out of stock everywhere it seems. Added to my Wish Lists.

For the last two decades I've owned a Philishave 8894 as used by James Bond in Die Another Day.

Well, you can't do better than emulate 007 and a mere snip at £220! :smashin:

Dr Swann's put his in the classifieds.

Can someone explain the relationship between the sizes - why grades instead of MM?

Can someone explain the relationship between the sizes - why grades instead of MM?

I believe the grades are just the standard guard numbers on hairdressers' (Wahl?) clippers from way back. Googling will find tables of these guard numbers with mm and inch length. Sometimes a little variation, hence I'm not posting a table.

My Wahl's died during lockdown and none of the big brands had any stock, so picked up a cheapy off Amazon for £17 (I tried a few), and it cuts just as well as my previous babyliss, remington, wahl etc
I shave without a guard on the shortest setting. In short, they pretty much all do a reasonable job. Only issue I found was in manufacturing with a couple of the cheap chinese brands where the blades weren't on straight.

Got myself one of those Remington RX5's. Have nothing to compare it too but I'm impressed. Not having to hide in the shower so as not to cover the floor in shaved stubble is certainly a good start.

You lot with your shaved heads. I bet you look like a bunch of scary thugs/football hooligans 😱

Got myself one of those Remington RX5's. Have nothing to compare it too but I'm impressed. Not having to hide in the shower so as not to cover the floor in shaved stubble is certainly a good start.
Are you still happy with yours still? Thinking of picking one up for when I can’t be bothered to wet shave my bonce

Are you still happy with yours still? Thinking of picking one up for when I can’t be bothered to wet shave my bonce
Yeah, still think it's mint. It still cuts to the skin, and I use it just about every day. I am still concerned that finding replacement blades will be a problem but not had to look into it yet which is surprising.

Yeah, still think it's mint. It still cuts to the skin, and I use it just about every day. I am still concerned that finding replacement blades will be a problem but not had to look into it yet which is surprising.
Excellent, will pick one up! Cheers :)

Excellent, will pick one up! Cheers :)
Nice to know they're available again! I remember getting mine during COVID and no one had them!

I've been wet shaving the head for several months now, less irritation and rarely any spots/bumps (no matter how clean the clipper, still get 'em). Twice a week does the job!

Use those multiblade razors for a smooth, quick, safe, cut-free, close shave. Not had to shell out as have collected loads of freebies from Gillette and Wilkinson Sword.

Last edited:
I'm still using grade 0 on regular hair clippers but now the middle is thinning even more, think I need something with a closer cut. Haven't seen anything to convince me yet and don't want to wet shave my bonce as never really got on with wet shaving.

I've been using mine for over 2 years now (purchased March 2021).
Only thing that seems to be degrading is the battery, I tend to get only 2 shaves between charges now so I'll just whack it on charge after the 2nd use rather than risking it run out mid shave.
The blades seem as good as they were when new!

Had been emailed a £7 off £75 purchase discount code for Argos so have ordered the RX7 through them.
Can get a £5 off £40 code at Argos with the their marketing emails sign up (discount code emailed moments later; unsubscribe link in any subsequent marketing email; use a different email address if done before; discount code still works with existing/any Argos account, as it did for me)

Just my 2 penny worth. I got a pitbull shaver as a birthday gift and I found it totally rubbish. I could not get a close shave with it and when I took the heads off to clean it I shook it and it fell apart, this was after using it twice. I managed to find all the parts and put it back together luckily none of the bits went down the plughole. I certainly would not recommend it, but others may have a more positive experience with them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom