For Sale: FAO: Moderators

sdavidsonuk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Moderators

I had a look around and couldn't decide where to best post this suggestion, so I hope I haven't broken any rules, etc. by leaving here.

My suggestion is to have a transparent pricing policy for all sales ... especially DVD sales as this is where my exposure lies.

I recently bought a DVD advertised as £2, but was asked to cover P&P ... new price = £3.

Then I was sent a further PM saying new price was £3.75 ... reason being seller had to buy new jiffy rather than recycle old one.

So actual price is actually about double the original sale price advertised.

My suggestion is that the prices displayed should be TOTAL price and not prices before additional charges. If sellers know they can recycle old jiffys or have to use new ones, include that in the price of the sale rather than add on as an extra once someone has been intrigued by the (falsely) advertised price.

I mean how hard is it to post a price which includes P&P?

Thanks
Scott

I have read and agreed to abide by the AV Forums trading rules : Yes

I am with you aswell Scott.

As other forums state delivery is to be included in price.

Don't forget that most of the jiffy bags i have recieved are from poundland anyway :) 8 for a £1. Yes thats £1 in poundland.

Well said Scott.

with ya too :thumbsup:

certainly keeps things easy stating prices that include postage and packaging

I don't moderate this particular sales area, but can comment upon the issues. I'll quote the trading rules (end of point 2)

All ads must state if the price includes postage or not. If your post does not specify whether or not postage is included it will be assumed that your asking price includes delivery ...

A seller raising the price to 'cover postage' is not right, unless it was a mistake and was then further commented, discussed, and agreed upon in the thread to add onto the price for it. If done by PM after agreeing in the thread then its a :nono:

A seller raising the price by PM post accepting offer in thread 'to cover a jiffy bag' or any other sort is a :nono:

this was me

but as its stated at the top of my selling post

got a bunch of stuff - postage not included, but happy to haggle

and i didnt say i didnt want to recycle an old one, i said i didnt have an old one to recycle

and the way you state you received the pm's is a bit misleading

i sent one with a price of £3 when i had an old jiffy bag available and i sent a 2nd about 5-6 days after you failed to reply

also you missed out the fact that i apologised and mentioned i had a jiffy bag and you paid £3 for it, which cost in total about £1.50 to post since i used a new jiffy bag - they are not free i'm afraid

thanks

chachi said:
I don't moderate this particular sales area, but can comment upon the issues. I'll quote the trading rules (end of point 2)

All ads must state if the price includes postage or not. If your post does not specify whether or not postage is included it will be assumed that your asking price includes delivery ...

A seller raising the price to 'cover postage' is not right, unless it was a mistake and was then further commented, discussed, and agreed upon in the thread to add onto the price for it. If done by PM after agreeing in the thread then its a :nono:

A seller raising the price by PM post accepting offer in thread 'to cover a jiffy bag' or any other sort is a :nono:

also here is a reply i sent in my thread and i state that postage isnt included

sdavidsonuk said:
hi buster

i'd take FROM HELL for £2 please ... I'm just down in Killie.

LMK

Cheers
Scott
buster_broon said:
will get you an invoice later pal - price doesnt include postage

Big brother - will sort you out something this evening

buster - this wasn't a personal attack on you ... hence why your name was not included in original post

more it was a comment in general as a way for everyone to be more transparent in their exchanges

sdavidsonuk said:
buster - this wasn't a personal attack on you ... hence why your name was not included in original post

more it was a comment in general as a way for everyone to be more transparent in their exchanges

no please i havent taken it as an attack on me so its fine

just felt it was the honest thing to do and show my side of the arguement

especially since one of the moderators thought 1 of the sellers here was doing stuff in pm's when this wasnt the case and its also a practise not allowed on these forums

at the end of the day i always offer 2 shipping options to buyers and they are normally happy - shipping 1st class with a new jiffy bag from royal mail cost me just over £1.50 so i got less than what i advertised the sale as

sdavidsonuk said:
Hi Moderators

I had a look around and couldn't decide where to best post this suggestion, so I hope I haven't broken any rules, etc. by leaving here.

My suggestion is to have a transparent pricing policy for all sales ... especially DVD sales as this is where my exposure lies.

I recently bought a DVD advertised as £2, but was asked to cover P&P ... new price = £3.

Then I was sent a further PM saying new price was £3.75 ... reason being seller had to buy new jiffy rather than recycle old one.

So actual price is actually about double the original sale price advertised.

My suggestion is that the prices displayed should be TOTAL price and not prices before additional charges. If sellers know they can recycle old jiffys or have to use new ones, include that in the price of the sale rather than add on as an extra once someone has been intrigued by the (falsely) advertised price.

I mean how hard is it to post a price which includes P&P?

Thanks
Scott

I have read and agreed to abide by the AV Forums trading rules : Yes

buster - your name was not quoted on the original post and it was highlighted that the suggestion made was so everyone could work together easier in the future ... a suggestion supported by some of the other members! at no time did i use this as an opportunity to flame you

sorry, thought i'd cleared my last comment so retyped :oops:

apologies buster and appreciate you are only putting forward your thoughts :smashin:

sdavidsonuk said:
buster - your name was not quoted on the original post and it was highlighted that the suggestion made was so everyone could work together easier in the future ... a suggestion supported by some of the other members! at no time did i use this as an opportunity to flame you

but i havent said that you used this to attack me

i've even said that i havent taken it as so, so its fine

just felt i had to address this since a mod quoted the rules and in no way have i broken them and i wouldnt want the mods to feel as if there are people doing deals in pm's - when this wasnt the case

sorry, meant to move this to forum suggestions..

my 2p
as chachi said, the rules are already clear on postage, but as we've seen here, and i've seen before, postage can cause arguments. i mean i've seen the opposite where someone has said that postage is included, and then someone from another country has caused a fuss because they didn't stick to that when selling to them.. so you can't really win either way. as always, if you're unhappy about something, feel free to contact a mod to get our feedback on the situation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom