*For Sale* Dayton Ultimax UM15-22 Dual 15" Build

I'll check mine tomorrow for ya :smashin:

Can you post a youtube vid of it making the noise?

Topman, yes i will do a video - was going to do one today while i was testing it....but didn't get chance as daughter was wanting read books.

If I had a bigger room I would have gone for 2 15s also :) cant wait to see this finished

It sounds like a faulty coil / motor:(...........so the driver hasn't been run in as yet?

Last edited:
How does it feel if you push the cone in and out. Should be smooth.
Also how does it compare against the audiobahn.

ouch. is it as loud as it is in the video or is that the cameras bad mic?

Sounds just like mine,

if you face the cone of the driver at you it sounds clean, might be just how they sound in free air - and be completely fine in an enclosure.

Sounds just like mine,

if you face the cone of the driver at you it sounds clean, might be just how they sound in free air - and be completely fine in an enclosure.

Have you got a 15" ready enclosure to try that theory out?
Playing bass music with it running overpowers the vibration noise, in fact it's only audible below around 30Hz.
Mine both sound identical, even tried each voice coil individually.
I'll continue with the project but will drop an email to Parts express just incase they've had any other complaints.

Does sound odd don't remember my drivers sounding like that.

Have you got a 15" ready enclosure to try that theory out?
Playing bass music with it running overpowers the vibration noise, in fact it's only audible below around 30Hz.
Mine both sound identical, even tried each voice coil individually.
I'll continue with the project but will drop an email to Parts express just incase they've had any other complaints.

ive got a ported enclosure which currently houses my JL driver - will whip it out over weekend and refit the t nuts - as they slightly differ from driver to driver spacing and try it out.

ive commented on partsexpress.com youtube video where they show the Ultimax - they've replied and they say i can contact their technical advisers for trouble shooting.

ive got a ported enclosure which currently houses my JL driver - will whip it out over weekend and refit the t nuts - as they slightly differ from driver to driver spacing and try it out.

ive commented on partsexpress.com youtube video where they show the Ultimax - they've replied and they say i can contact their technical advisers for trouble shooting.

Just sent that email myself.

Got this reply

"Richard,

I cannot tell from the video, the mic is distorted the whole time. What I could hear was typical mechanical noise which is common with any free-air subwoofer like this, especially when playing sign waves through it at high-ish excursions.

Sincerely,

Matt

Technical Support Team
"

There's no distorting on my recording though, that's the actual sound it was making.

Last edited:
Just sent that email myself.

Got this reply

"Richard,

I cannot tell from the video, the mic is distorted the whole time. What I could hear was typical mechanical noise which is common with any free-air subwoofer like this, especially when playing sign waves through it at high-ish excursions.

Sincerely,

Matt

Technical Support Team
"

There's no distorting on my recording though, that's the actual sound it was making.

Did you send then your video link?

the guy who i spoke to over youtube said he was going to send them my video....

haven't got us mixed up have they?

will see how this sounds tomorrow - with just 2-3mm excursion miss's txd me from upstairs to shut it up lol :thumbsdow

DSCN0400_zpsf6e04e5d.jpg

Last edited:
Did you send then your video link?

the guy who i spoke to over youtube said he was going to send them my video....

haven't got us mixed up have they?

will see how this sounds tomorrow - with just 2-3mm excursion miss's txd me from upstairs to shut it up lol :thumbsdow

Yes I sent my video.

I was wondering that.

Lol, she text you :laugh:

Any noise before she did that?

Yes I sent my video.

I was wondering that.

Lol, she text you :laugh:

Any noise before she did that?

Yep... she's lazy for that... tx's me when she wants a drink bringing up and that ! :suicide:

No there was zero noise - apart from the clean bass :)

Did the fan upgrade today in the EP2500.
Soldered the 12v fixed regulator and covered with a couple of coats of liquid tape to insulate:

Have you got a link to that liquid tape?

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I've noticed a lot of sealed builds use 18mm MDF and plenty of hollowed out MDF bracing.
I was planning on using 25mm MDF with double thickness front baffle and a single 'T' brace on the longest sides and rear.

My last build was with 22mm, ported and braced, it weighs a ton which is a good thing right?

Anyway, need to order the materials on Monday so which would you good folk suggest?

M87NER how did the driver work in your box?

Last edited:
My build is with 18mm as the place where i bought the mdf from didnt have any stock of the 25mm which i would have preferred but i couldnt be bothered to wait:rolleyes:..........but yes i'd go with 25mm mdf along with T bracing.......ill also be adding some similar bracing to mine this week or weekend.

p.s but then again Rick you are building a dual 15" unit so yes definitely go with 25mm mdf with dual double baffles and plenty of bracing in that cab............whats the literage again 200l?

Last edited:
my 95l is 25mm all and 50mm front glued and screwed no bracing and its solid as, my new build will be 25mm all except fron baffles will be 50mm but i will be adding more bracing as its ganna be a 40x20x20 box so will add bracing as i want it as rock as possible.

technically the top maybe a 25mm but then it maybe 125mm depends on how thick i want the top.

Works a treat i my enclosure - had a quick play of Transformers to she how it sounded (untill the misses shouted down :thumbsdow ) not sure if my amp is going to be powerful enough for her - will have see when house is empty.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom