For Sale: 40GB Playstation 3 FW 3.15

Discussion in 'Disputed/Problem Trades' started by twistywizard, Dec 5, 2010.

1. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As per title. 40GB Playstation 3 running Firmware V3.15 so you can use one of the devices on it if you wish.

Item is in very good condition. Hardly used about 2 years old. Complete with all leads and controller and boxed. Also included is the Sony Remote and a Lindy HDMI cable.

Looking for £160 for this

Collection is welcome if you wish!

[​IMG]

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.

By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

2. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Open to offers on this!

3. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    £100 delivered?

4. Zub

Zub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    £110 inc del?

5. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Sorry far too low. CEX offer £114 for a boxed 40GB PS3

6. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Any more offers?

7. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    £120 delivered?

8. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    £125 either Paypal gift or Bank Transfer and we have a deal!

9. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    is the controller a dualshock one, any driving games you can throw into the deal.

10. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It is a SIXAXIS one and I only have one that is GT5 Prologue which I can bung in. Never had many games for it hence the sale.

11. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    ok you have a deal at £125 delivered including gt5 prologue.:smashin:

i will pay by BT, i will be offline for the next hour or so, so will sort payment later tonight, in the meantime please PM me you bank details.

Cheers

Paul

12. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Will do! Taking this to PM. Sold to bighfishing

13. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    hi chris,

i just tried to pm you to see if you shipped the ps3 today but your message box is full.

Paul

14. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    PM sent with tracking details. Apologies was on my Christmas works do

15. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    could a mod help me out with this or move this thread to the disputed section, whichever you see fit.

i received the ps3 on the 21st and was not happy with the condition of it and also there was some leads missing so i couldn't even try it out. i sent a PM to twisty and on the 22nd he said he would take it back and arrange a carrier to collect it, since then i have sent him three PM's asking him what's happening and he has chose to ignore all of them, he has been online several times since i sent them.

below is a copy of the first PM i sent him explaining the problems, i took a second look at the ps3 today and noticed further evidence it had been tampered with, on the top where the black casing joins the silver strip the join is uneven, there is a sort of hump in the black casing it is not flat, so including the two below thats now three things that point to the ps3 being tampered with.

copy of PM

hello chris,

i received the ps3 today, but unfortunately there are a few things i am not very happy about.

1) there is a chip right in the middle at the front where the top half of the casing joins the bottom half, this is very noticeable as it is right in the middle and stands out like a sore thumb, it looks like it has been prised open with a screwdriver at some point, i have put a screwdriver to it to check and it certainly looks like the marks that twisting a screwdriver would make, which brings me onto point number two.

2) there is a broken bit of plastic rattling about inside the unit itself, i have shone a torch inside and it looks like a snapped off plastic clip from when the box has been opened up at some point.

3) i would not describe the unit as being in "very good" condition, only fair or maybe good at best, thats if it didn't have the chip on the front of coarse. there are quite a few marks and scratches on the unit as well. if it hadn't been for the chip and the rattling piece of plastic i could probably have put up with the condition though.

4) there is no mains leads with it so i cant even plug it in to try it.

5) there is no usb lead to charge the controller, so again still couldn't use it.

with all the above points in mind i would like to return the unit please, would you be able to send city link back into collect it please, if you do the right thing and take it back without any quibble i will not leave you any negative feedback.

if i send you my banks details could you refund me the money to my (barclays, give up with santander) bank account asap as i need to buy another console before xmas.

thanks

Paul

16. Floyd AVF

Floyd AVF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,091
    Off to disputes

17. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    can a mod tell me what happens next please.

do i keep trying to PM twisty, or does a mod do it?

are mods able to read our PM's so they know the full details?

cheers

Paul

18. Floyd AVF

Floyd AVF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,091
    I've sent him a PM linking him to this thread.
    No, we can't read PM's, but if you want to forward me anything you feel is relevant then feel free

19. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    Member is online again today so have sent a final PM

20. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, It was not me personally online. I leave my machine logged in and my wife, Nephews and father have been using it. I have just got back into the country, hence the lack of reply!

I will be arranging for this to be collected this Wednesday I could not do this before this date as no courier seemed to be collecting online for sensible money. This is the reason for the lack of reply. I have no problem taking this back and refunding as per my PM's to Paul.

I have asked him to confirm that Wednesday is ok for collection!

21. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    hi twisty,

wednesday is fine for collection, as i said in my previous PM i am off work now so you can collect anytime as long as the carrier rings me shortly before he gets here, i wont be going far and will always be close to home, or if the carrier can guarantee they will collect on the day they say they will i will wait in. i know you like to use city link, i have just looked at their website and durham which is the nearest depot to me is the worst hit in the country and running 5 days behind so they might not be able to collect it for a while, you best check.

something else i asked in a previous PM which you haven't answered yet, would it be possible to refund me straight away as i want to buy another console asap and don't want to part with anymore money till i get this sorted. i know this isn't necessarily common practice, but i paid the money before i received the console and now i am asking you to refund the console before you collect it, its no different, the same scenario really. its just about trust and i do have three times more trading history than you, i can guarantee it is exactly the same condition as when you sent it to me, and it is me that has been out of pocket all xmas. with the way this deal has gone already, i am a little concerned about parting with the console before i get my money back so i don't think it is an unreasonable request with what's gone on.

the collection address is my home address.

thanks

Paul

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  22. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    well it looks like twisty has disappeared AGAIN, i have sent him a PM asking him to visit this thread.

it would be nice to know when im getting my money back and wether or not to expect a carrier tomorrow. if your having trouble booking a carrier, i could take it to the post office and you could pay me the extra.

23. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have not disappeared AGAIN! It is Christmas, I have been visiting family if that is ok with you?

The collection is arranged for tomorrow Thursday the 30th December. It will be via TNT. As soon as I receive the PS3 back I will refund your money. I still do not understand where the damage/marks have come from as it was NOT sent out this, you say there is no damage to the box either.

Please let me know when this has been collected.

24. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    yes its ok with me, christmas is a time for family, but it would be nice to have my questions answered and be informed of what's happening a little more often, its seven days since i informed you of the problem and have hardly had any contact with you, i just spent a lot of time waiting and wondering, you just disappear for days at a time. you said it was being collected wednesday, when you knew it wasn't don't you think you should have let me know.

i had actually given up on you and was going to put it on ebay later today, so i have just found some leads and powered it up this afternoon to test it, so i had to open the copy of gt5 prologue you sent me, hope thats ok but i needed to check everything was ok. everything works fine.

no there is no damage to the outer box.

do you know if TNT are going to ring me before they get here or do i have to wait in.

what service is it going on, when do you expect to receive it back.

do you want to send me your full address so i can label the box.

Paul

25. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    twisty,

i have just spoke to TNT and the said they are not collecting anything from me today, they have no record of it.

26. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    well this is getting silly now, after ringing TNT today and finding out they were not coming i decided to go out, when i came home tonight there was a card through the door from city link saying they had been to collect a parcel. can you reschedule the collection for tomorrow twisty.

27. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    twisty,

i have sent you a text to ask you to visit your thread so you know what's happened, i will give you a ring in the morning to sort things out.

EDIT

ha ha,

silly me, i dont know why i sent you a text its a landline number, im cracking up.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  28. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    looks like twisty might have disappeared for good this time, now he has two disputed threads i don't think were going to see him again, can the mods advise what to do next. i haven't rang him because i know he is not taking or returning call as witters has stated on the other disputed thread. at least we have his address, bank details and phone number so we should be able to take some action.

29. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dissapeared! How many times it is Christmas for gods sake. It was NYE last night. I do not spend my life on the internet I am afraid.

I have not dissapeared. Apologies it was City Link collecting, I usually use TNT through Parcel2go but could not as a printer was needed and I did not know if you would get the forwarded email in time. This was an Oversight, City Link through Parcel2go do not require a printer.

Have City Link collected? i.e Yesterday? If not then I will get them to come again. Is this going to be a home address or work address this time?

30. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    obviously you think that because its xmas its ok to keep disappearing and yes i know it was new years eve last night, that doesn't stop you visiting the site during the day or even the day before. nobody expects you to be online ten times a day like me but once or twice a day each day shouldn't be too much to ask especially when you have two disputed threads running, if you haven't got time to come online to communicate maybe you shouldn't be selling items on here (especially near xmas). if i had any disputed threads on the go i wouldn't be able to rest until they were sorted but maybe thats just me, weren't you even curious to see if the carrier had collected or not. since i reported the problem to you on the 22nd you have only posted three times on here including today, do you think that is acceptable even if it is the festive period, i seem to have spent most of my festive period waiting for you to respond or waiting in for carriers. even when you do come online you don't even bother to answer the questions i have asked on thread and via PM.

it should be me using the "for gods sake" attitude not you. you have to remember im the victim here and don't know how honest you are and whether im going to see my money again or not, its alright for you you know what's going on.

anyway, you may as well leave the collection till tuesday now when i will be back at work, so obviously it will be my works address that it was delivered too to be collected from. what address do you want me to put on the parcel, i noticed on the other disputed thread that you had just moved house, so you may want me to put a different address on the box.

once you have booked the carrier can you confirm on here or via PM whether it will be tuesday and also give me the tracking number.

Paul

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011