1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Ross C, necv4

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Didn't have as long to play with it as I wanted but can say there is good scope for calibration. The low temperature was closest to being correct but was still over 8000K. Mid was nearer 12000....

I'd have liked to spend longer playing with the RGBCMY settings to get colourspace larger and more accurate. Only had time to do basic scaler set up and some greyscale tracking. Got it flat. Need to look closer at some of the settings. Forgotten what one of them was called but at setting 2 (moving images) looked good but at any other blacks had really nasty dithering type artifacts.

The panels internal de-interlacing is OK on film detection (2:3) but still seems to have not so great scaling. Plenty of artifacts on Bourne Identity when I played it. Also was a bit concerned about posterisation on large expanses of same colour.

Will try to do more full calibration early next week.

Gordon

2. RossC

RossC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info, I cant't remmebr then name of that setting off the top of my head either, but I know which one you mean. My only issue with the panel so far is the colour banding on large areas of skin tones when panning/moving fast.

Look forward to your full thoughts soon!