• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

For people who have Table Tennis...

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure this is my cup of tea, but it's in Game for £20 so i'm quite tempted.

As most of you will have had it for a while now, is there much lastability and depth to it, or does it get a bit boring quite quickly...?

And for those who have this and Topspin 2, what do you think is better, as i've seen that for £26 and am swaying between the 2 as possible purchases.

Cheers

Del

Seraphic

Standard Member
I have both, and personally much prefer topspin2 - mainly because theres a proper career mode and you can create your own characters, etc. Table Tennis is good for a quick bash with mates, but Top Spin 2 is a decent lasting game.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Seraphic said:
I have both, and personally much prefer topspin2 - mainly because theres a proper career mode and you can create your own characters, etc. Table Tennis is good for a quick bash with mates, but Top Spin 2 is a decent lasting game.

I thought that might be the case....

Is TT any good in single player at all, or just very multiplayer orientated?

featherhall

Distinguished Member
for £20 you cant go wrong. single player is not perfect, but decent enough challenge. on line it is even better I believe.
£20 - go for it. I did and dont regret it one bit

dave1de

Established Member
Trying to get as many achievments a you can in Table Tennis will last you for days. However, there just comes a point where you have got all the achievments your going to get, and then you just get fed up of it really.

The Jayler

Established Member
I bought this from Game last weekend for £20 and i am now going to trade it in for either Prey or BFME 2. Good for a short time and then just a little too repetetive. Not played topspin 2 ( only on demo ) so cant comment on that i'm affraid.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
rich sps said:
I bought this from Game last weekend for £20 and i am now going to trade it in for either Prey or BFME 2. Good for a short time and then just a little too repetetive. Not played topspin 2 ( only on demo ) so cant comment on that i'm affraid.

That was the concern. I think i'd probably get bored of it after a short while also. Thanks for the info.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Had both and much preferred Top Spin 2 - TT is cheap though and isn't bad, worth a bash i'd say but not really my cup of tea.:)

Pooon

Distinguished Member
I got TT on releasee and thought it was great, a very shallow single player game but good online. But since the initial bash around launch i haven't really played it at all, but last night i had a few games against Munkey Boy and that reminded me just how much fun the game is online

gerrard05

Standard Member
Ive had TT since it came out and also have Top Spin 2 i love both games but i say TT is alot better online im always playing it against people, and i still have'nt done all the tournament modes. Also on Top Spin 2 in career mode after you have all your stats up it gets way too easy to win everyone i keep battering the likes of federer and roddick everytime i play them and now its getting very boring

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom