• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

For people who dont want to go the ebay route

MetalNigel

I think ive found a site that does imported ps3's and games.It looks pricey but if you have the money and dont really trust the ebay route this could be the site to get a ps3.I think 20gb goes for £324?.Have a look

www.renchi.com

Dont flame me if im wrong please

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Let me guess...

It's your website? :eek:

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Dont forget shipping, that is extra plus you would have thought they would have realised by now that all PS3's have the same PSU so will work worldwide, you dont have to buy the HK version.

nbkicker33

im after a 20gb usa ps3, but looks like i might have to go ebay route, cause cant find any uk sellers or shops stocking them at a descent price

Ol!ver

Been looking on ebay and the prices seem to have dropped. 20gb systems are going for about £350 delivered, which I don't think is bad. Main problem is finding someone who will take it back if it's DOA. A lot of people are saying they wouldn't want to know !

quarryfied

Banned
Been looking on ebay and the prices seem to have dropped. 20gb systems are going for about £350 delivered, which I don't think is bad. Main problem is finding someone who will take it back if it's DOA. A lot of people are saying they wouldn't want to know !

I've said as much but been called "arrogant", they may care when you get a "chargeback" with your credit card company for the item being "not fit for purpose".

H

hey69

to be honest best thing seller can do is test out the console for 5 minutes so he is sure he doesnt send you a dead ps3.

raymondc

Standard Member
Hey there, bought a PSP and some accessories from them a while back, haven't really checked recently, but they were reasonably quick. I am not trusting the US PS3 for now, thinking if I am investing a few hundred pounds, I may as well get the 220V to be sure.... just my thoughts.

T

TLT

Hey there, bought a PSP and some accessories from them a while back, haven't really checked recently, but they were reasonably quick. I am not trusting the US PS3 for now, thinking if I am investing a few hundred pounds, I may as well get the 220V to be sure.... just my thoughts.

Why do you want a 220v so much.

It doesnt matter cause im selling a jpn version with a UK power lead and the games are redion free so it really doesnt matter.

Invest the money and have an amazing time playing it.

As soon as it arrives on your door step it puts a huge grin on your face:D and you wanna play it all day and night and for the following few weeks after.:thumbsup:

lazymatt

I'm the same....may be missing out on a few games, but with 360's and Wii's crashing all over the place with firmware updates, it's only a matter of time before the same problem happens with the PS3. I haven't got the money to risk it at the moment & I'm sure trying to send a non-uk spec machine back to Sony will be a laugh.

That's not to say I wouldn't risk it if I could afford the gamble.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom