1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Madders RE Lynx card

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dannyc, May 17, 2004.

1. dannyc

dannyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Madders,

finally got around to testing the new Lynx2 drivers and am having a few problems which I'm hoping you can help with. Firstly how are you controlling the volume levels of all the outputs, have you found a way to link them together. Secondly does your setup recognise WMV multichannel or only 2 channel? I can't get multichannel in anything other than Powerdvd. Thirdly with the Nebula DigiTV card I get audio channel shifts that require an adjustment, are you getting this?

I have really wanted this card to work for HTPC since I changed from a M-audio 1010 about 2 years ago, it just doesn't seem to cut it right now for multichannel.

Dan

2. dannyc

dannyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    U there Madders?

3. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay, haven't checked out this forum for a bit!

Which versions of the driver/firmware are you using?

The volume of each channel is controlled in the mixer software. To change all channels at once hold down the control key when moving one of the "mixer" sliders. Make sure that the analogue out trims are all set to -10db otherwise I have found the sound just distorts and crackles in loud passages.

I'll try the WMV tonight as I haven't got round to trying it before. I'll let you know.

I don't have a Nebulatv card so I can't help you on this I'm afraid.
    Cheers,

Steve

4. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Dan,

I just tried both Powerdvd5 and Windvd5 Platinum and they work perfect. I couldn't get my copy of Coral Reef Adventure to run as it kept coming up with reinsert the dvd into the dvd-rom. Even when choosing to run from file open. It says it is looking for the activation licence and does nothing else Grrrrr! So can't verify if I get DD out with WMVHD yet.

Hope this helps.

Steve

5. dannyc

dannyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve,

I'm using the latest firmware and beta driver, it seems ok with powerdvd but the Nebula card is a real headache. I'm not sure I can get girder to remote control the driver if you have to hold down the control key, do you know if this is possible? If I can get that to work then I may be in business. I'll keep you posted. As for WMVHD files, Coral reef adventure only works in Windows media 9 or zoomplayer right now as it requires activation, can you test in one of these?

cheers

Dan

6. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi Dan,

I tested it in WMP9 and windvd5 Platinum edition (with WMVHD add on). It didn't work on either :( It used to work though :confused:

I don't use girder so can't really help on that front - although I keep meaning to try it out! It might be worth posting on the lynxone yahoo newsgroup as the lynxstudio developers check in on that every day. They are also very good at answering most questions.

Cheers,

Steve

7. DeeeKaaY

DeeeKaaY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found this thread, thanks for the tip re -10db, that helped!
    Any lynx two forums about?
    cheers
    dk

8. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Blimey, this is an old thread :eek:

There are forums on the www.lynxstudio.com website. The card makers are very quick in coming back with replies to questions if you are having problems with anything.

Cheers,
    Steve