1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Info, AVC-A1SE RC871 Remote upgrade

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Matty N, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To all you happy users of the fabulous AVC-A1SE from Denon, following encouragement from various parties in the US I have just downloaded and installed the latest software upgrade for the European RC871 supplied with the unit. It also includes programming software to speed up some of the installation procedures.

The download can be linked to via the Aktis page on the DENON USA web site. Give us a shout for more info.....Well worth it in case of the afforementioned "lockups".

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I hear that a DPLII upgrade has been confirmed for this year as well. Who says that integrated amps can't be upgraded?

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    PeteH, hows your selection of a new amp/processor/receiver going, are you not at least tempted by the flagship Denon?

4. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's me hoping the DPLII upgrade will be downloadable and implemented via the RS232 on the back panel, we stand a good chance of being able to do it ourselves then - seems to good an idea to ever be the case!

Apparently the recent CES in the US demoed the AVC-A1SE with the firewire IEEE 1394 interface for digital audio/video.