For gods sake, how long amazon.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ransoman, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered my new samsung HD850 dvd player last week (they where out of stock at the time) and they came back in stock the day after.

On saturday the status changed to dispatching soon: "these items are preparing for dispatch". 5 days later and it is still the same. What the hell is going on!! I paid for first class delivery, i expect it to be delivered as soon as possible.

Why is it taking so long?? I need my new dvd player!!!!!!

****throws toys out of pram****

2. antilles

antilles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I got my 850 from Amazon and returned it about 5 days later.....so many bugs and annoyances with this player it's just not funny.
    R

3. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as it is better than my ps2 then i am happy. Will only last untill the real HD disk formats come out.

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    "Dispatching Soon" doesn't mean it's being dispatched, it just means they are preparing your order for dispatch. It could still be a few days until it reaches a Dispatched status and then, depending upon your delivery option, could take a few days again. What is your Delivery Esitimate?

If you're having problems then why don't you email Amazon themselves, they're usually pretty good and getting back to you in a reasonable time.

5. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Delivery estimate was the 18th but it was out of stock when i placed the order. It came back in stock the next day and became "preparing for dispatch" not long after.

Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't "preparing for dispatch" mean that a guy in a forklift is looking it out in the warehouse, bringing it to a counter where it is boxed, label stuck on and shoved in the post.

6. k_jartti

k_jartti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You should ask this from Amazon, they'll response very fast.

7. Kitjunky

Kitjunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Sorry but nothing but bad experience with amazon here. slow slow slow. theve never dispatched when they were supposed to with me.

Basically I DONT use them anymore:mad:

8. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I find Amazon to be really good and fast, with all the stuff I have ordered from them over the years.:smashin:

9. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I've never had any problem. If you are getting free super saver carriage check the estimated despatch date on your order as it takes longer to ship.

10. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46,744
    I often think it means a guy in the warehouse is driving around trying to find it ;) I often order things in stock and then get quoted a delivery date 2 or 3 weeks away, though invariably it comes much sooner.

Dave

11. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    I waited 3 and a half months for a coffee machine off Amazon. They cleverly cover their backs by reminding you that you can cancel at any time... but with the coffee machine they were £70 cheaper than anyone else so I ended up wating.

12. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phew, It has finally been dispatched, should arrive tommorrow.

They are normally the quickest with anything, i am just shocked how long it took them to pick it.

13. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    used amazon a lot and only twice i had a problem, first time, amusingly the first time i used first class delivery, it didnt turn up despite being despatched, after 4 days i fired off a polite and friendly email asking whats happened? they said they dont know as it got dispatched so they'll send out the exact same order again straight away........they wernt kidding either, literally that same day it was despatched and arrived the following day......the day after that the original one turned up...lol...so not even Amazons fault (was the post office, the delivery guy admitted it...wow) yet they sorted it......

second time wasnt too long ago, before Xmas, mum wanted me to order something for her to give to my sister, however it wasnt available for a week, so ordered anyhow, when it finally came in and went in to dispatching cycle, it got stuck there for 3 days, so i fired off an email, they promptly replied saying somehow altho the item was now in stock, an order sheet doesnt seemed to have reached the correct place....so they hurried it thru and sent it out that day by special courier to make sure it got to me before Xmas and also sent me a voucher for, um, a fiver i think possibly, cant remember now.....so thumbs up there!

i often find even the super saver ends up getting to me quickly, the other week i put and order thru wednesday around 11pm......despatched on thursday, got me on friday!....as quick as first class woulda been!..lol

i'm guessing the OP had a similar to my second problem, it got stuck, except they noticed it themselves, mebbe if i'd left mine another day or even just that day they would have too and sent another order sheet out to the depot.....

who knows....heh

14. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46,744
    What I find funny is when you bulk up your order to qualify for free/supersaver delivery and then they ship the items separately anyway.

15. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully it will be at home when i get back.

I would never use super saver. It takes 10+ days for second class mail to arrive here (no joke). I am only 3 miles out of aberdeen anyway, not like i am miles away for civilisation.

16. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Supersaver does not equate to 2nd class.

Larger items still generally arrive by courier.

We often get delivery delay excuses being on the Isle of Wight but Amazon super saver arrives in 2 days after order 99% of the time. Only once did it take 3 days, and we order hundreds of items a year. And before anyone mentions it, yes, we have an affiliate account set up on another computer :devil:

17. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yay, I got it and it rocks. Better quality than my pc. Completely silent and it only uses 12w of electricity.

The upscaling did make some difference, first of all i didn't have to sit so far away from the screen. The picture was a lot sharper and a lot clearer.

I would easily reccomend it to anyone with an LCD Hidef tv and a huge dvd collection. Best dvd player i have used by far.