For fellow guitarusts, thread about guitar strings.. type and guage.

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Celtic Blood, May 7, 2007.

1. Celtic Blood

Celtic Blood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Post your favourite brand and guage of strings for your acoustic and/or electric guitars here..

I've been playing all styles of guitar for about 10 years now since my early teens and through experience of buying strings have come to the followin conclusion..

Acoustic - Elixir Nano web 10 guage strings. (Bit pricier but last longer).

Electric - Ernie Ball 9 guage.

Any thoughts on this subject ?, post them here then cheers.

2. Geege

Geege

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +430
    I mainly use D'Addario Classical Guitar Pro Arte Normal, .028 - .043, EJ45 or Light EJ43:thumbsup:

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Elixer nanoweb on my acoustic (I think Im using 11s), tried them on my electric and did'nt like them. Probably just use some Ernie Ball 10s in future for the electric but love the Elixers on the acoustic.

4. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Electric Guitar Strings (10-46) on my yellow Fender Telecaster

Ernie Ball Electric Guitar - Nickel Wound Medium Light, .012 - .054, 2206

On My blonde Telecaster

Had to have the socket modified and completely rewired on the yellow one and the neck adjusted. The difference between the two in weight action and everything. my yellow one my funky guitar practice My James brown rhythms right next to the bridge.

Thank goodness For our guitar Doctor and tutor Thanks Jeff And fall all your support..

[email protected]~~

5. Celtic Blood

Celtic Blood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any other guitar players on here ?

6. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Yeah, and another vote for Ernie Ball Slinky 9's on the electric.

On another note, what guitar does everyone have. Les Paul electric (sorry, just showing off ;) ) and a battered old Fender acoustic for me. The acoustic is officially a Fender but it was some cheap Korean rebranded thing they made years ago, suprisingly good sound though.

7. Coz22998

Coz22998
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,045
    Curse my girly hands......Ernie Ball Extra Slinky's 8's :eek: .

I've got a Patrick Eggle Berlin bought for me on my 18th b'day from my folks. Lovely guitar, one of the ones that they used to hand make before they sold the company. If only I could find the time to play it as often as I did back then :(

Mark

8. Celtic Blood

Celtic Blood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've got two nice acoustics just now, a Takamine G series EG520S and a little Cort one.. I always put 10 guage Elixir Nanoweb strings on them and they sound great.

I've had electrics in the past but don't use them much at the moment, had a cracking PDS and a nice Fender at one point.. if I ever need an electric again I'd probably go for a Fender or a Epiphone I think.

I'd love a Gibson semi acoustic as well, bit pricey though a grand for a guitar is a bit much unless you're a professional in my opinion.

9. amgard

amgard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    On my 1970 Epiphone acoustic I use Martin SP Phosphor Bronze MSP4050, (with guages 11, 15, 23, 32, 42, 52). they have a really good tone, with good longevity - not that I play as much as I used to :(

I've got Ernie Ball Stainless Steel 09-42 Super Slinky on my electric, they are on the heavy side to make my Roland GR33 track better.