for best Picture Quality and viewing

Therock500

Prominent Member
Reaction score
please lock this thread

Last edited:
Nielo TM I changed these setting in Service menu does it change for all settings (Dynamic, Standard and Movie) and Inputs (DTV, HDMI)

In my TV main thread on these froums they recommended turning off Dynamic Dimming & CE. But turn on Dynamic Contrast but didnt like the extra brightness so turned them all off.

Wanted to get some techheads advice on these settings

Last edited:
Dynamic dimming helps if the undimmed and dimmed values are close. For an example, if the undimmed value is 0.04 cd/2 and the dimmed value is 0.02 cd/m2 then it's best to keep it enabled because you won't be able to notice the effect and it helps to provide better blacks.

Dynamic contrast is software image effacement, which can crush blacks and clip whites. So that should be disabled at all time (accept maybe when using SCART to compensate for lose in luminance).

I have no idea what Dynamic CE is.

PS: I am not familiar with Samsung service menu, so I don't know it will apply to all inputs

Dynamic dimming helps if the undimmed and dimmed values are close. For an example, if the undimmed value is 0.04 cd/2 and the dimmed value is 0.02 cd/m2 then it's best to keep it enabled because you won't be able to notice the effect and it helps to provide better blacks.

Dynamic contrast is software image effacement, which can crush blacks and clip whites. So that should be disabled at all time (accept maybe when using SCART to compensate for lose in luminance).

I have no idea what Dynamic CE is.

PS: I am not familiar with Samsung service menu, so I don't know it will apply to all inputs

the undimmed and dimmed values you speak off would that been in the service menu.

No sorry. The values I've mentioned can only be obtained via colorimeter and a compatible software such as HDCR.

If the TV in question is the LE26R88, then disable dimming.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom