• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question For best performance and sound, what should I do first?

showmak

Hi guys,

Now that I have connected my Jamo Concert 10 speakers to my Yamaha RX-A3050, what should I do very first to get the best performance from the receiver and the best sound from the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Simply play a stereo source, put the receiver in its PURE DIRECT mode and concentrate on getting the front stereo pair positioned to best portray stereo content in relation to your primary listening position. Now try to position the existing speakers as close to what is ordinarilly suggested by Dolby for your chosen setup.

You may find the following helpful:
Speaker placement for home theater

Speaker Setup Guide

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Dolby Atmos/Dolby-Atmos-Home-Theater-Installation-Guidelines.pdf

Now set the sub up ready to run the YPAO calibration. Set its gain/volume to about the 10 o'clock position, phase to 0° and the frequency to its highest setting or an LFE setting if it has one. You might want to try the sub in several locations prior to comitting yourself and running the calibration? THis article may be of some assistance:
Crawling for Bass - Subwoofer Placement Tips

After running the YPAO calibration, manually configure the receiver's bass management. Set all speakers as being SMALL (irrespective of actual physical size) and assign them crossovers appropriate for their capabilities.

Lastly, enjoy :)

Last edited:

showmak

@dante01
Thank you for your inputs, very informative and highly appreciated. I will make sure to follow them carefully and report back.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom