1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For anyone worrying about plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by xx396, Aug 12, 2005.

1. xx396

xx396
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Good article and a very good spot! :thumbsup:

3. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    wow, that has assuaged so many of my plasma related concerns - anyone know if these guys are truly independent?

4. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you xx369 gr8 article....I love it when someone takes a product and hammers it with tests and practicle situations that go far beyond normal use

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Lacks any info at all about whose products they used to test though. Id bet with all that about plasma black levels the PDP was not a Pioneer. Got a Pioneer and an LG LCD panels side by side here, there's no doubt about which has better blacks.... but then there's also no doubt about which one has the overall better, more watchable picture. Stuff the black level, give me the pioneer plasma between these 2, you should see the hideous solarization on the LG LCD. It'd be funny if it was cheap, but it's not really.

6. DFL

DFL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for posting that article, I love the smell of vindication. I am in the process of buying and have been trawling this site for months. What a great reference site. I'll try not to be too smug to my LCD neighbours....

7. xx396

xx396
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The IDC are certainly no shill and a representative claimed that the tests were carried out with all top brand, top quality reference tv's from each category; so I'd expect some sort of PV500, PDP435 type equipment although they won't disclose exact models. Given that it was sponsored by Pioneer in an effort to dispel myths that turn people off plasma, I'd expect their own models to be tested. And they'd pull the plasma's black level average down right!

Shall I pop in to the LCD forum and line posts with "my lcd blows any plasma away" with guess what boys you're all wrong, tee hee :D I'm just glad i'm not completely insane when I say I'm pretty unimpressed by LCD in its current evolution. This sort of opinion seems to render you completely blind by many who base their whole ethos on it being so much sharper on a smaller set in a well lit Currys showroom :boring:

8. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Exactly.

I began the process of choosing a new tv about a month ago, and came to it with the preconception that lcd was the only way to go, and that plasma was a dying technology with inferior pictures.

Everything that I have read on this wonderful forum and seen with my own eyes has shown me the folly of my ways.

This just puts the tin hat on it...

9. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Hopefully this may finally quieten down all those doom and gloom merchants who've been posting recently.