For anyone who thought we'd moved on...

J

juboy

"A Japanese film that depicts extreme sexual violence has prompted UK censors to order the biggest cuts for almost a decade.

Some 11 cuts, adding up to three minutes 15 seconds, will have to be removed from Ichi the Killer if it is to be awarded an 18 certificate, the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has ruled."

Yet another shameful day for Britain. Sickening.

And I'm not talking about the film!

I've heard it is pretty sickening though... still you can always get the uncut R3 from DDDhouse for less than a tenner... I know you shouldn't have to but...

Originally posted by James45
I've heard it is pretty sickening though...

And therein lies the key... if you don't want to watch it, don't watch it.

What radical thinking eh? To take control and responsibility over your own decisions... it'll never catch on.

BTW, what's the betting the R2 release (if they bother) will sell about 4 copies... and they'll be returned once the purchasers figure out they've lost over 1% of the entire film.

Originally posted by James45
I've heard it is pretty sickening though... still you can always get the uncut R3 from DDDhouse for less than a tenner... I know you shouldn't have to but...

No you can't. That Hong Kong R3 disc was cut by (depending on the source of the info) between 8 and 13 minutes. It's worse than the UK cuts. I've compared it with the uncut version and there's definitely a lot missing, although none of it's any worse than what they left.

The BBFC wouldn't have much option (according to their mandate) as those cuts would have been for the sexual violence/rape that goes on. On the whole, the uber violence and torture remains.

Funnily enough, it'll be available from Holland as a 2 disc set prepared by Hong Kong Legends in the next couple of months.

Weird thing is there were some clips of Ichi on some Johnathan Ross program on BBC choice. In the scene a guy's detached face hit and slid down a wall. If you can show this level of violence on TV why cut stuff at the cinema. As a japanese film it's not as if the average punter in the street is going to want to see it. "Cos they don't talk propa" and "Anit reading poxy subtitles":rolleyes: People who go will know what their in for from the start and will be fans of Japanese cinema.

The opening scene is the bit that will be cut, it is a bit on the sick side. I will say no more

What idiots thought we had moved on? :rolleyes: :p :D

They are also trying to make cuts to John Malkovich's new film (can't remember the name - it is his directorial debut). There are scenes where animals (chickens mainly) have dynamite strapped to them. Apparently the animals "are clearly in distress".
Malkovich is said to be furious and is threatening to withdraw the film from UK release (not sure if he has the power to do that?).

Originally posted by Lex
There are scenes where animals (chickens mainly) have dynamite strapped to them. Apparently the animals "are clearly in distress".

Wow, not only do we have super intelligent chickens that are aware of what dynamite might do to them, we also have people who can empathise with them...

Originally posted by lmccauley
Once they'd scraped the pieces off the wall after the dynamite went off... ;)

Actually, I'm surprised Jamie Oliver hasn't tried that method as a new form of 'pukka' cooking...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom