For Anyone Who Pre-Ordered FIFA10 From Tesco Direct

Frankie 7

Established Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered FIFA10 from Tesco Direct with the 20% off back in August which was a great buy at the time. Then today i notice that Tesco stores are selling the game for a lot cheaper (£24.97) to be exact which i was not happy about. I just accepted it and thought thats what i get for pre-ordering the game, Just the risk we run.

Then i got a email just there (Today) saying the following.

Dear Mr Now i aint gonna put my real here
We hope you have now received your copy of FIFA 10 which you
pre-ordered on Tesco direct.

You may have noticed that the price of this game is £24.97 in our
stores and we would like to reassure you that we will be refunding the
difference on to your payment card to match this price.

Please note that it usually takes 3-5 business days for any payment
card refunds to appear in your account.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Tesco Customer Service

Great news. Now just waiting for my game to arrive now.

Last edited:
I saw that, what a great touch! My girlfriend actually got me a copy from Tesco earlier as mine didn't arrive today so i'll be returning my online order when it does arrive :)

I saw that, what a great touch! My girlfriend actually got me a copy from Tesco earlier as mine didn't arrive today so i'll be returning my online order when it does arrive :)

Yeah i thought that too as they didn't have to do that. I am sure in their T&C's it states something along the lines of if you pre-order a game from tesco direct the price may differ when the game is released from tesco shops and they are not obliged to refund the difference or summit.

Way to go Tesco Direct though, Hopefuly mines will arrive tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I suspect that one of the reasons they are doing this is for a bit of publicity:which has already worked, also, because of the likelihood that many who ordered online are likely to buy a copy at their local supermarket.

This results in processing time and cost to Tesco when all these "mail order" copies get returned to them, so they have taken the view that they may as well apply the same price to online orders as those picked up in person and thus avoid all the extra aggravation time and cost on both customers and Tesco behalf.

I suspect that one of the reasons they are doing this is for a bit of publicity:which has already worked, also, because of the likelihood that many who ordered online are likely to buy a copy at their local supermarket.

This results in processing time and cost to Tesco when all these "mail order" copies get returned to them, so they have taken the view that they may as well apply the same price to online orders as those picked up in person and thus avoid all the extra aggravation time and cost on both customers and Tesco behalf.

True but i suspect that the price wont last long at £24.98. I have seen this happen before with big stores so i don't think it would be much of a hassle for Tesco.

I pre-ordered FIFA10 from Tesco Direct with the 20% off back in August which was a great buy at the time. Then today i notice that Tesco stores are selling the game for a lot cheaper (£24.97) to be exact which i was not happy about. I just accepted it and thought thats what i get for pre-ordering the game, Just the risk we run.

Then i got a email just there (Today) saying the following.

Great news. Now just waiting for my game to arrive now.

awesome, i've ordered MW2 from there. so if they decide to sell for any less i should be ok!

True but i suspect that the price wont last long at £24.98. I have seen this happen before with big stores so i don't think it would be much of a hassle for Tesco.

The in-store price will doubtless only be a "while stocks last" and at most an opening weekend offer, but in terms of copies dispatched mail order up and down the country, you could be talking thousands and imagine Tesco being inundated with them and needing to individually process refunds ....... :devil:

Got the same email but no bloody game yet :(

The in-store price will doubtless only be a "while stocks last" and at most an opening weekend offer, but in terms of copies dispatched mail order up and down the country, you could be talking thousands and imagine Tesco being inundated with them and needing to individually process refunds ....... :devil:

The company as big as Tesco am sure can handle some returns on a item. I doubt it'll be that bad to be honest. But thats just my opinion.

I gave up trudging into stores and ordered it online..same price as in-store so im well pleased.

I can wait a few extra days.

Cant believe Argos are selling it for £38.99,saw a few people walk out of there saying im not paying that!

Hope this rivalry between Tescos and Asdas keeps going as its great for the consumer!!

Bring on the next big releases and lets see what these two do...

:D

I gave up trudging into stores and ordered it online..same price as in-store so im well pleased.

I can wait a few extra days.

Cant believe Argos are selling it for £38.99,saw a few people walk out of there saying im not paying that!

Hope this rivalry between Tescos and Asdas keeps going as its great for the consumer!!

Bring on the next big releases and lets see what these two do...

:D

Lets hope they have a excellent price for MW2 when it's released. :thumbsup:

I still haven't recieved my copy from Tesco Direct yet. It says on the website "dispatched", and it has been saying this since early on Friday, and still nothing. :( Is anyone in the same situation as me, and is it worth ordering elsewhere and then sending it back? Also, does anyone know whether Tesco Direct deliver by Royal Mail, or by their own delivery vans, because the post has been and gone two days in a row. :mad:

I still haven't recieved my copy from Tesco Direct yet. It says on the website "dispatched", and it has been saying this since early on Friday, and still nothing. :( Is anyone in the same situation as me, and is it worth ordering elsewhere and then sending it back? Also, does anyone know whether Tesco Direct deliver by Royal Mail, or by their own delivery vans, because the post has been and gone two days in a row. :mad:

I got my game this morning from Tesco Direct. Remember mate about the post office strikes so your area may be affected by that. They delivered mine by Royal Mail. If yiu have patience wait, if not go buy one. But don't pay more than the price Tesco stores have at the minute.

I got my game this morning from Tesco Direct. Remember mate about the post office strikes so your area may be affected by that. They delivered mine by Royal Mail. If yiu have patience wait, if not go buy one. But don't pay more than the price Tesco stores have at the minute.

So when they say "supplier will contact you to arrange delivery they don't do that?"

Also was it just standard royal mail as I have pre-ordered MW2 and would hate to miss a recorded delivery and have to wait another two days (at least) to get it from the post office!

So when they say "supplier will contact you to arrange delivery they don't do that?"

Also was it just standard royal mail as I have pre-ordered MW2 and would hate to miss a recorded delivery and have to wait another two days (at least) to get it from the post office!

yip just standard royal mail delivery. I dont know what you mean about you beaing contacted about arranging delivery.

No, they don't contact you whatsoever. And yes, its normal royal mail. I won't be using them again, I am currently trying to cancel my MW2 pre-order with them, but there is no option on the website, so I emailed them, and have heard nothing. An absolute disgrace of a service. Any help would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom