• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

For All You Response Time Junkies!!

Ramspeed

Established Member
Sharp's new AQUOS LCD series D40U/D50U (BD1/BD2 in Japan) are quoted as having a response time of 6ms or less.

There are many on this Forum who believe that Sharp are the ONLY company who measure the response times of their LCD panels fairly and accurately. If this is true - well - these are the fastest LCD's yet by some measure. Information as well as pictures (the all black D40U series is particularly sexy) can be found @ www.lcdbuyingguide.com.

Release date May in Japan. 2006 is going to be a right old tussle in the LCD market!!

Teppic

Established Member
I don't mean to shoot anyone's hopes down, but i'd honestly not be surprised to find out little improvement had been made with the new panel and that the lower figure was mainly simply due to Sharp measuring the response times in a similar way to all the other manufacturers so as to not make their sets look inferior on spec sheets anymore.

I can only imagine the number of sales Sharp must have lost to other companies all because they listed a more truthful figure. :rolleyes: It's a stupid situation but it's something Sharp was always going to have to do eventually, or end up looking like it was being left behind by everyone else. It's still entirely possible that the new panels could be some of the best available however.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom