For All those Having Sky hd remote problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Groat, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Groat

Groat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've been having all sorts of problems with Sky Hd & the remote I've got another universal remote programmed with the sky hd codes & this also wouldn't operate the Sky box properly just intermitent.
    What what I discovered was if you connect the box using a scart lead it all works properly & when you switch back to Hdmi all seems well.
    Perhaps not a perfect solution but it works so I've left the scart & Hdmi connected.
    Now I have a few theories as to why this might be happening but as they are only theories at the moment I won't bore you with the details.
    Anyway give it ago it just might stop you pulling your hair out over Christmas.

Have a good one Groat............

2. rwhitworth

rwhitworth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do tell us the theories... as of yesterday mine is also intermittent.

3. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Had SKY HD installed in June. Remote has never been as good as when I had Sky +.
    Sometimes slow in channel change and often HD Box freezes up and have to unplug.
    Last Friday saw a SKY van in waiting at MCDonalds. Told him of my problem and he gave me a new HD remote.
    Yesterday I had to reboot the HD Box three times to get some life into it.
    Then appeared to work ok.
    This morning appeared ok.

Fed up with this situation rang SKY-phone answered in less trhan a minute-Engineer coming tyomorrow. Good response to my problem.

As this is obviously an intermittent fault, does anyone else experience this problem. Would like to be able to present some evidence to the engineer in view of the likelyhood that mine works ok tomorrow.

NJ

4. koolmacher

koolmacher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Switched my hd box on this morning via the button on the box as the remote no longer seems to be able to operate the box the remote appears fine I've only had hd since the begining of december got it connected via hdmi to my Bravia. Tried a forced system update but no different, it was working fine up- untill to last night any one got any ideas other than the scart connection as my panel is on the wall and the only way i can access the back is by lifting it off wich is a pain.

5. koolmacher

koolmacher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just got off the phone to sky it seems they are having quite a few calls reporting this a new box is on its way on friday there is no fix the box is faulty.