For All Mankind Season 2 (Apple TV+) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I so wanted to stick this on tonight, but only had 2 episodes of Devils to finish on sky so wanted to get that out the way.

really looking forward to this season, I’d watch the first one again if I’d have sat through it at launch instead of more recently.

Cas, I wholeheartedly agree that this grew quickly into something special and has come out sparring.
The near hour flew by.
Wrenn Schmidt's Margo remains at the centre in all respects and has grown to be something of the heart too. Jodi Balfour though, I find a bit hit and miss in that she goes a bit aloof and cold where I often hope for her to emote. However, Sonya Walger really came forth in season one and she looks to be a powerhouse in two - all being well. I'm a fan of Joel Kinnaman (loved Holder) and was relieved to see him. I hope there's a crisis in which he manages to inject himself into the fray and not just get to play the frustrated side-lined older man.
Talking of aging, they do seem to have gone a bit mad on the grey hair dye for some which, would be strange with Walger being on the moon....
I do enjoy RDM's retelling of history and those clips within give it a really fun nostalgic burst of media through the (non-) ages past.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, Cas. Caught the first series when Apple offered it free for a short period. Will have to arrange the "free seven day trial" so that I can catch this & a couple of other things on AppleTv+ I'd like to catch.

One episode a week :( I’ll wait until I can watch it all. Glad it’s off to a good start. The first season really came together nicely after a slow start.

Yes watched this yesterday, one of favourite ATV+ shows. The last season was a little while ago so trying to remember some of the character arcs can be a little challenging. But some of the visuals are amazing - the moon sunrise for example. Definitely on my watch list. As regards cost this is still free for me so kudos to Apple for that - george

Just finished watching season 1 about an hour ago.
Some dodgy science going on and a little deep on some PC stuff and usual american patreticism.
But watchable.
Will give s2 a go later tonight or sunday.

Hopefully picking up a new iPhone soon so really looking forward to watching this. By the time that happens and got season 1 done, season 2 should be nearly done.

Yes. AFAIK.

Think I may need to call apple on monday.
A year ago I got my wife new MacBook. For what ever reason that did not sign up for apple tv and had to call them and they sorted it.

apple has extended my subscription twice now on a device I bought year and half ago. without me even asking.Anyway if your not watching this shame on you. great and worthy 9/10 review.

Dodgy science please tell...

That will spoil surprise (s)

And there is lots....
But
a) you were talking about Dodgy science in Season 1 so it won't spoil anything for people who have and are ready to watch season 2, and
b) you can anyway hide this info in Spoilers here.
Not having a dig, just interested in what you saw that you felt was dodgy. :)

But
a) you were talking about Dodgy science in Season 1 so it won't spoil anything for people who have and are ready to watch season 2, and
b) you can anyway hide this info in Spoilers here.
Not having a dig, just interested in what you saw that you felt was dodgy. :)

Ok, not going to give full specifics, so not really spoilers.

Well that spaceman can prep a lander for take off, pressurise cabin, load flight path in less than 10 minutes.

No way would alcohol be smuggled into space.

They can launch a 2nd spaceship into space with less than a day of notice.

The lander fuel seems to have self multiplying properties even when some is taken from elsewhere. (last episode e10).

There are lots more. I did enjoy season 1 but it does cover a lot of personal issues which I am not sure enhances the story or not.

The first half of moaning wives and kids definitely detracted for me. But it made up for it with the second half that had a good mix of personal drama and moon hopping.

Hard pass - I tried watching Season 1 and it started well, I liked the counter-factual premise, but it quickly went “woke” - sour, preachy and boring. It was to be expected, as virtually all Apple TV rubbish goes this way, on top of the incessant and grating Apple product placement.

Ok, not going to give full specifics, so not really spoilers.

Well that spaceman can prep a lander for take off, pressurise cabin, load flight path in less than 10 minutes.

No way would alcohol be smuggled into space.

They can launch a 2nd spaceship into space with less than a day of notice.

The lander fuel seems to have self multiplying properties even when some is taken from elsewhere. (last episode e10).

There are lots more. I did enjoy season 1 but it does cover a lot of personal issues which I am not sure enhances the story or not.
Ok, thanks, all good points, but you are incorrect regarding Alcohol smuggled into space.
  • There was Brandy smuggled aboard Apollo 8 (Frank Boormann was not amused!)
  • This from Astronaut Clayton Anderson 'NASA will tell you there is no alcohol aboard the ISS. As a person who lived there for five months, I'll tell you that's bogus.'
  • The Russians had Cognac onboard Mir in 1997 (see photo) They did this many other times but this was the first time there was a confirmed photo:-
1613912565190.png

Finally, there's a lovely book about all of this:-
1613911730787.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom