For All Mankind Season 2 Premiere (Apple TV+) TV Show Review & Comments

encaser

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure
the Russians had space version of AK47's, the curved clip immediately drew my attention.
Just checked. Yup. I obviously got caught up more than I thought with first seeing the black muzzle.

Belzok

Just watched the season finale and really enjoyed it.

Subscribed to Apple TV a few weeks ago and have been watching from the beginning at an episode a day roughly.

Whole thing has been good, love to see the old rockets go up, especially with what Space X has been doing recently, and timely the Crew Dragon went up again today.
Loved the comment along the lines of what's he looking at just before the Cosmonaut shoots at the window. Got a bit far fetched in places but more than made up for it elsewhere I think.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Well that was one hour of suspense and edge of the seat stuff. Wasn't sure which way it would go. Another cracking season imo.

Please tell me it's renewed for Season 3 ?!?

Joe C

That finale was phenomenal. Must have got a bit of dirt in my eye towards the end...

Third season has been confirmed and I cannot wait!

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
That finale was phenomenal. Must have got a bit of dirt in my eye towards the end...

Third season has been confirmed and I cannot wait!
Yeah agree, me and the missus were on the edges of our seats during the lead up to the dirt in the eye.
Intrigued to find out what’s in store for Margo
will she fall for it or could there end up being a double bluff scenario in the works?

jakimp

Distinguished Member
apple dont produce a lot of content but what a great show - season finale was superb - maybe netflix should consider a less may be more approach to some of their content

season 3 was greenlit before they even started showing season 2 and that confidence was well placed clearly - loved the teaser for s3 in the credits

shame will be at least a year before we see more of this epic show

jakimp

Distinguished Member
Yeah agree, me and the missus were on the edges of our seats during the lead up to the dirt in the eye.
Intrigued to find out what’s in store for Margo
will she fall for it or could there end up being a double bluff scenario in the works?
the latter Margo is way too smart

SDMDAM

Just finished series 1 and really enjoyed it as it definitely got better as the series progressed and the sense of peril increased. More interactions with the Russians would have been good but perhaps that will come in series 2.

Looking forward to series 2 which I will watch after Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Ensor

Yeah, it does seem crazy that
this wouldn't result in war or, that suddenly the Russians have M16's and not even AK's. for that matter.
I think there were two or three clinging onto mate who closed the door but again, yup, that's one strong guy. I would've expected some emergency automatic door closure/blast shield in place but no. That seems mad in itself in the circumstances.
Their Pathfinder has nuclear powered engines so I assume it can fly back and forth no probs.
It now begs the question of whether the Pathfinder crew are going to go dark here and blow the Russian base or threaten to if they don't get out...

I'd assumed that the guns had been delivered to the Russians by the Buran, but on reflection that wouldn't have been possible since IIRC Buran launched during episode 9. Also the Americans clearly believed the Russians were already armed, leading to the shooting of the Cosmanauts at the end of episode 8. Did I miss something important in an earlier episode?

RE: Pathfinder. Yes, being powered by a NERVA engine it would have no problem making the journey to and from the Moon. In fact in one of the earlier episodes they were discussing using it to go to Mars. My point though was about the gen 1 Space Shuttle, which in our reality at least, is incapable of leaving Earth orbit.

It was mentioned during episode 10 that the Shuttle is refuelled in orbit before journeying to the Moon, but even if you filled the entire cargo bay with extra fuel thanks for the OMS ALL of that fuel would be required for the TLI burn. There would be no fuel left to perform a LOI burn on reaching the Moon. Unless the Shuttle could somehow be refuelled again en route all you'd achieve is a lunar flyby, much like Apollo 13 did.

Or am I being too picky? :D

Ensor

Just watched the season finale and really enjoyed it.

Agreed, they pretty much redeemed themselves with the season finale.

Just one fly in the ointment IMHO. While the deaths of Gordo and Tracy were as heroic as they were tragic, the entire sub-plot sealing their fate involving the secret second reactor which only the military knew about just seemed rather forced and lazy to me.

Belzok

Agreed, they pretty much redeemed themselves with the season finale.

Just one fly in the ointment IMHO. While the deaths of Gordo and Tracy were as heroic as they were tragic, the entire sub-plot sealing their fate involving the secret second reactor which only the military knew about just seemed rather forced and lazy to me.
I kinda gave them that one, it was height of the cold war sort of stuff so yeah fair enough.

I think the one thing that really bugged me was the whole Mrs Robinson thing with Mrs Ed and Tracey and Gordo's kid. Series just didn't need it at all

encaser

Distinguished Member
I can't imagine Russian audiences like this too much, as they've been majorly demonised when it suits in this.
Margo's character has gone from an intelligently warm and aspiring rounded person, to an annoying, completely naïve and nigh on treacherous dupe. Such a shame.

Indiana Jones

I'd assumed that the guns had been delivered to the Russians by the Buran, but on reflection that wouldn't have been possible since IIRC Buran launched during episode 9. Also the Americans clearly believed the Russians were already armed, leading to the shooting of the Cosmanauts at the end of episode 8. Did I miss something important in an earlier episode?

RE: Pathfinder. Yes, being powered by a NERVA engine it would have no problem making the journey to and from the Moon. In fact in one of the earlier episodes they were discussing using it to go to Mars. My point though was about the gen 1 Space Shuttle, which in our reality at least, is incapable of leaving Earth orbit.

It was mentioned during episode 10 that the Shuttle is refuelled in orbit before journeying to the Moon, but even if you filled the entire cargo bay with extra fuel thanks for the OMS ALL of that fuel would be required for the TLI burn. There would be no fuel left to perform a LOI burn on reaching the Moon. Unless the Shuttle could somehow be refuelled again en route all you'd achieve is a lunar flyby, much like Apollo 13 did.

Or am I being too picky? :D
When the trailer dropped last year and it showed a
shuttle near the moon I thought 'hmm ok' and Scott Manley did a good video on why it wouldn't be possible with a shuttle to reach the moon even if it refueled in orbit with the entire cargo bay packed with fuel tanks
but I let it go as it was a cool visual.

StackH

Awesome show. Enough to make me pay for Apple TV when season 3 rolls around, which is unfortunately likely to be after my year's "freebie" has expired.

At one point in episode 10 I genuinely thought they had jumped the shark, but they somehow managed to pull it back. The scene at Arlington had me choked up, seeing the jets in the missing man formation.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
When the trailer dropped last year and it showed a
shuttle near the moon I thought 'hmm ok' and Scott Manley did a good video on why it wouldn't be possible with a shuttle to reach the moon even if it refueled in orbit with the entire cargo bay packed with fuel tanks
but I let it go as it was a cool visual.
Scott Manley has a lot to answer for 🤣 , being serious though I find him excellent in the way he presents 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom