For All Mankind Season 2 Premiere (Apple TV+) TV Show Review & Comments

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Ok, thanks, all good points, but you are incorrect regarding Alcohol smuggled into space.
  • There was Brandy smuggled aboard Apollo 8 (Frank Boormann was not amused!)
  • This from Astronaut Clayton Anderson 'NASA will tell you there is no alcohol aboard the ISS. As a person who lived there for five months, I'll tell you that's bogus.'
  • The Russians had Cognac onboard Mir in 1997 (see photo) They did this many other times but this was the first time there was a confirmed photo:-
View attachment 1464434
Finally, there's a lovely book about all of this:-
View attachment 1464430

That's brilliant, thanks for sharing the picture and book. From the blurb and review comments, it actually sounds like a fascinating read. Will try to find a copy.

That picture is cracking me up! It looks like a chapter of an outer space MC! It took me a minute to realise the guy second from left isn't wearing a denim waistcoat and that the chap next to him isn't smoking a gigantic spliff! Sons of Galaxy MC right there.

Indiana Jones

Loved the first season and been eagerly awaiting the start of the second and it did not disappoint :)

symphara

Did not see any Apple products in series
Well it's a bit of a stretch to put iPhones in period dramas.

Look at (not-so-)Amazing Stories, Defending Jacob, Truth be Told (horrible tripe), even Ted Lasso, which apart from Greyhound is the only good thing I found on AppleTV+ (and in fairness they're both excellent), every phone is an iPhone, every computer a MacBook, it's tiresome and in-your-face.

"Apple products are visible in an average of 32 camera shots in each episode of "The Morning Show," and an Apple logo is visible in roughly one-third of those shots"

Whoever thought this is not off-putting needs a different job.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Well it's a bit of a stretch to put iPhones in period dramas.

Look at (not-so-)Amazing Stories, Defending Jacob, Truth be Told (horrible tripe), even Ted Lasso, which apart from Greyhound is the only good thing I found on AppleTV+ (and in fairness they're both excellent), every phone is an iPhone, every computer a MacBook, it's tiresome and in-your-face.

"Apple products are visible in an average of 32 camera shots in each episode of "The Morning Show," and an Apple logo is visible in roughly one-third of those shots"

Whoever thought this is not off-putting needs a different job.
Surprised Samsung hasn't started a Channel - they usually like to go nose-to nose with Apple

Joe C

This completely passed me by somehow, so on the strength of this review I've just started watching it and did the first 4 episodes in one sitting! I'm a sucker for alternate history works (still hoping that someone will pick up the rights to Resurection Day by Brenadan DuBois) and this one has got me totally hooked.

Come on working day, end so I can go back in!

Last edited:

interbear

It's a fabulous show, cleverly written, good characters. I love the "alternative history" perspective, makes for compelling viewing. I just wish they'd put the entire series up so we could binge watch it. This episode every week thing is so last century :)

Evinger

Distinguished Member
It's a fabulous show, cleverly written, good characters. I love the "alternative history" perspective, makes for compelling viewing. I just wish they'd put the entire series up so we could binge watch it. This episode every week thing is so last century :)
My Wife said "Once a week is enough"
Or did she actually say "Once a Year"?
I'm beginning to think she might have been on about something else....🤔🤔

Indiana Jones

Wait 10 weeks and the whole lot will be on their to binge ;)

I personally prefer the one a week method, actually gives me something to look forward too on a Friday evening.

rustyk21

I will add this to my list and watch it, probably sooner rather than later to be honest.
But why are so many reviews a 9 these days? It almost seems deliberate to stir up debate.
I get the irony of my comment by the way :D

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Going to wait for this to full air and then binge it.
Really enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster that was Season 1.

Moleman

apple has extended my subscription twice now on a device I bought year and half ago. without me even asking.Anyway if your not watching this shame on you. great and worthy 9/10 review.
That's what happened to me as well, activated my free year in January 2020, in October they extend it until the end of February and then on the 4th of Feb they extend it again until July! All without asking as well, I hadn't seen this, it was on the list to watch so started it last week, binged the 1st series over the week and the 1st episode of the 2nd series on release. Very good in both content and quality.

xynobis

Standard Member
That's what happened to me as well, activated my free year in January 2020, in October they extend it until the end of February and then on the 4th of Feb they extend it again until July! All without asking as well, I hadn't seen this, it was on the list to watch so started it last week, binged the 1st series over the week and the 1st episode of the 2nd series on release. Very good in both content and quality.
that was cool of them. as w most appletv plus the AV is excellent and I think the show will actually get better. those who have had early access say so and am inclined to believe them

Ant77

I've got only 2 episodes of Season 2 so far, with a new episode released every friday,

I'm just wondering Cas, have you seen the whole season 2? Or is this review based only on the episodes released so far?

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I've got only 2 episodes of Season 2 so far, with a new episode released every friday,

I'm just wondering Cas, have you seen the whole season 2? Or is this review based only on the episodes released so far?

In the title mate, it's just a premiere review, and merely discusses the opening episode. Will hopefully get the chance to update once the whole thing drops (per Mando).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom