1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All Canon G3 Users: Any Problem of Battery When Using Internal Flash?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by rayq, Mar 14, 2005.

1. rayq

rayq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All Canon G3 Users:

Have you experienced any problem with the battery when taking pictures with the internal flash? I have one strange suituation as follows:

I have just acquired a used Canon G3 and I could only take less than 10 shots with the flash on with a fully charged battery (original Canon brand), then the camera showed a "low battery" message and shut itself off. Then after about 2 minutes, I could turn the camera back on. The battery sign showed as full again! Then I could take few more pictures with flash, or about 75 shots (yes, 75 shots) w/o flash, without recharging the battery!

Is it the camera problem or the design problem? Does the flash drain too much energy in a certain way that the battery needs some rest :confused: . Can any of you G3 users do me a favour to make a small experiment to see how many shots you can take with the flash on? Any of your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raymond

2. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used a G3 and own a G5 - never had this problem... But then I've never taken 10 photos _straight_ after one another with the internal flash...

If it's any help I'll try this on my G5 tonight (G3 no longer).

3. paulc1

paulc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    my g3 will take umpteen flash photo's without the battery going, I got to 35 before I stopped and the battery was still showing full, I reckon that your battery may need conditioning...ie discharging and recharging regularly over a period of time, although I realise that the battery is supposed to have no memory effect, I cannot think of it being anything else.