Footloose fault?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by popeye, Oct 8, 2002.

1. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being a bit of an 80's film fan I couldn't resist the release of Footloose by Paramount. Upon receiving the disc from play I sat down with the other half in anticipation of all those dancing feet in the opening sequence. To my horror no sound and the picture displayed alot of digital blocking with large squares appearing across the screen.
    I skipped the disc forward and the sound and picture returned to normal.
    I checked my DVD player with various other titles and everything appeared in order. I contacted play and reported the fault and was advised to return the disc and a replacement would be despatched. I eventually received another disc and the same crap came on the screen in the opening sequence and again no sound.
    Has anyone else experienced problems with this disc. Has Paramounted cocked up and missed an obvious fault with the discs encoding! The copy I have is the french canadian region 1.
    :mad:
    popeye

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,962
    I watched my Can R1 item last evening on my Pioneer 737, and, whilst some of the scenes were grainy (I guess an original film artefact) I didn't notice anything seriously wrong. I did notice that it took about a second, at the very start, for the amp to 'decide' that the soundtrack was DD5.1.