Football Push Notifications

RobM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What app's are people using for Push Notifications of Football scores? Now the season is nearly upon us, I thought it was a good time to ask :)

I've previously used FotMob, which is clunky but OK. I'd really like something slicker though, with the priority being accurate and timely Push Notifications for goals scored, full time etc.

All tips gratefully received :smashin:

Unsure about the answer to the question but.....You back on android again?

Indeed I did, I rarely sit still ;) I'm flicking between a few at the moment, some mine and some borrowed. The Nexus is my new daily drive though, thanks to neuty :)

Indeed I did, I rarely sit still ;) I'm flicking between a few at the moment, some mine and some borrowed. The Nexus is my new daily drive though, thanks to neuty :)

You are most welcome, Sir.

Apologies for the little thread spoil.

What is meant by "daily driver" when talking mobile phones?

I dont get it.

Carl.

The one I use as my main phone, every day. Some are test, some I probably should sell, some I keep to help with my boredom problem... I only use one main SIM so only have one phone as my everyday phone.

Its a car term you hear from folk lucky enough to have a fun car for the weekend. I just borrowed it :)

Fotmob is the best of a bad lot.

I try all the usual suspects every year and keep coming back to it.

A couple more weeks and the circle will start again!

Thanks, guess I'll stick with FotMob then. Roll on the new season...

A few rave about the sky sports scores app, but I don't think it has push notifications so pretty useless for me!

I use that for scores and info, but you're right it doesn't have push notifications. It's better than FotMob in every other way though, so I just leave FotMob for the alerts.

I use this app because its quick to load up, I think the notifications are pretty decent too

Soccer Livescores

Worth a try I reckon, less clunky than FotMob

I had a play yesterday, since you recommended it. It's horrible to filter out all the leagues you don't care about and if there are no games on when you're doing it, you can't select your own team for notifications. So unless I've missed something, I have to wait until the first game to be able to 'Follow' Southampton?

The overall navigation is horrid, there are no clues that swiping left or right scrolls through each day and seemingly no way to manually find a team. Also, no league views? Surely a Football app has league tables?

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious. I'll keep it until I can select Southampton and see what info comes up then.

I appreciate the tip though, even though I'm baffled by it so far :laugh:

Haha I understand your points, I literally use it for quick viewing results as mine loads much faster than others.

In regards to league tables they appear when you click the heading where the results are displayed below.

You will have to wait for Southampton to come up to choose them, however you can filter 'England' which covers all the leagues, thats if theres been an English fixtures in the last/next few days.

Navigation is basic yes, again I think this is for speed, but swiping left and right take you back three days and forward three days.

So the app is best for checking scores quickly but if you want full featured info then FotMob and Sky are probably best, but all the info needs downloading so takes longer to display.

To be honest, I'm happy with an app like this for notifications and something else for news and other such info... I just expected to be able to go and find Southampton and setup notifications. My attention span means I'll have long forgotten by the time the first game comes around... :laugh:

It's certainly quick though, you're spot on about that!

fresh87 said:
I use this app because its quick to load up, I think the notifications are pretty decent too

Soccer Livescores

Worth a try I reckon, less clunky than FotMob

Another one I have tried a few times, but binned eventually for fotmob each time.

Amazingy how hard it sees to be to make a decent score app

I've used FotMob pretty much exclusively since taking to android too but did see Football Livescore Addicts mentioned in today's Telegraph which might be worth a try. I like that you can just star a load of teams in FotMob and forget about it from there on in, not sure if this app does something similar but worth a play seeing as it's free.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.footballaddicts.livescore

I've used FotMob pretty much exclusively since taking to android too but did see Football Livescore Addicts mentioned in today's Telegraph which might be worth a try. I like that you can just star a load of teams in FotMob and forget about it from there on in, not sure if this app does something similar but worth a play seeing as it's free.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.footballaddicts.livescore

I think we have a winner! Looks very polished and well developed, I've managed to get it setup in seconds rather than days (no need to wait for your team to be playing in order to select them) and the fact you choose the league's you do want, rather than filtering those you don't, is so much better!

The real test well be in the way it delivers notifications, but so far, so good.

I used fotmob today. Paid£1.99 to get rid of the ads and get push notifications. Worked very well and notifications came through almost instantly.

RobM said:
I think we have a winner! Looks very polished and well developed, I've managed to get it setup in seconds rather than days (no need to wait for your team to be playing in order to select them) and the fact you choose the league's you do want, rather than filtering those you don't, is so much better!

The real test well be in the way it delivers notifications, but so far, so good.

Running this and fotmob for a few weeks before crowning one!!

I'm still running fotmob as I find it more efficient on my under powered phone.

According to their latest update they are working on a brand new version which will be the most beautiful of them all.

Updates at @fotmob

Sounds promising. I prefer the look and notifications of LSA so switched across but found there's quite a few games where they haven't the coverage that FotMob had so would be open to a switch back. Is there a beta to try?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom