Football Picture Breakup

archie2000

Has anyone else noticed regular picture breakup during the QPR/Manc football.

Flicked round to a couple of other channels including ITV1 HD and it's still happening. Must be something to do with my setup.
I've got good signals on both inputs, dish is solid (not moved in the wind)
I'll check all of the connections on the box next.

Last edited by a moderator:

archie2000

Ok, planner rebuild done, box unplugged for 15 mins, all connections out and back in again, no difference.
When the picture breaks up, (looks like ghosting but only on part of the picture, usually the bottom half) the sound goes too. I'm begining to think that it could be the tuner in the Sky box that is faulty. (its a DRX890)

logiciel

We haven't had any reports of faulty 890s but there always has to be a first for everything.

archie2000

I suppose so Logi :(

Discovered that the sound drop-out is only when using my amp with the optical sound feed. Watching via HDMI only, there is no drop-out of sound when the picture breaks up.

logiciel

Very strange.:confused:
What happens with any other connection for video - do you still get the picture breakup?

archie2000

Very strange.:confused:
What happens with any other connection for video - do you still get the picture breakup?

Good point, will try out other options later. I had recorded the Liverpool game, and that had picture breakup too, so the glitches where recorded to the hard disk. I'll check some older recordings to see how they playback.

archie2000

Still got the same issue when viewing via rf coax and scart. It's got to be the tuner in the box. Oh well, better ring Sky for a swap-out :(

logiciel

Yes, something in the "box", though that IS unusual for an 890. They'll have to replace it.

archie2000

Well, I happened to have a spare quad LNB, (a kind installer left it with me following an install in my previous house where I had made the cable run in advance) so I replaced the old one, and I have not had any picture breakup since. So Logi, the 890 is still a reliable box :smashin:

logiciel

Thanks for letting us know, and credit where's it's due for once with Sky - the 890 is fine after all! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom