1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football on widescreen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by swalden, Jan 21, 2002.

1. swalden

swalden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Hitachi 32" 100hz Widescreen but when I watch Football it is very Blurred, can anyone help with this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Have you tried it with the 100Hz off?

What provider are you using to receive digital TV?

btw, forget about ITV Sport on any platform, I don't think there's a TV in the world (50Hz or 100Hz) that can improve the crap quality they put out. I always switch to analog if it's on ITV1, MUCH better picture.

3. PND

PND
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got Telewest cable and try to watch football via Sky Sports on a Panasonic TX32PB50.. Fuzzy! Blurry! Not very nice.. Ok on player close ups but when there are big areas of greenery, it blurs and only sharpens up when the cameras stop panning...

Not good.

4. swalden

swalden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't matter whether its on sky sports or bbc1. I can't turn 100mhz off just has PSCAN which makes no difference.

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the 36" hitachi for a while and it took me about a week to get a real good picture for football.....from what i remember switch to....P-SCAN much smoother than 100hz..... turn all digital enhancements off VM, CTI etc and turn off the DNR....!!

6. romored5

romored5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not too good on my Panasonic TX32PB50 when connected to my sky digi box. But it is better than my old telewest box.

7. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently i have found the quality of the football broadcasts has been of high quality.

Obviously some of the overseas matches are nowhere near as good as the UK ones but i am not getting any of the smearing or crayon style effects for the grass that we were getting this time last year on some of the channels.

I have a 100hz Toshiba 32ZP18P (B) for reference.

8. ssharkey63

ssharkey63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    David,

We have swapped messages on "the other" group ... ZP18 ...

I note that you say that you are getting good quality pictures on your 32ZP18P when watching Football on Sky Digital.

I am now coming to terms with the other problems on the 32ZP18P (dirty screen etc..) and am starting to enjoy some excellent pictures on DVD and Sky Movies.

However picture quality for football is still dire ....

Picture fine for all studio footage and close ups, miserable (blurring, lack of focus, haloing) on wide angle pans.

My digi-box is showing very low strength/quality - both well below 50%. Given picture quality for studio footage and movies is very good I didn't think that the low readings were much of a problem.

...Could the lack of signal strength/quality cause problems on football coverage??

Your views appreciated ....

9. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very possible that the low readings are having an impact. I have watched two matches in the last two weeks and both were fine.

One was on ITV and the other on Sky Sports. Both widescreen so no stretching involved (as this can reduce the picture quality).

Ch5 still looks poor when they do a match.

Watching the matches on "the premiership" often has the effects you mention.