Football on Amazon Prime

I don't see anywhere saying its done do you have a link?
Not yet they haven't they're on talks but discovery have an eye on bt sport as well.

I don't see anywhere saying its done do you have a link?

I suppose we'll see.
I hadn’t seen that. Guess we will. Makes no difference to me. I’ll continue to use DAZN via vpn.

Thought missing UHD HDR & Atmos. But, I only pay DAZN £11 a month for everything. Cancelled Sky after 20 years. Too expensive in this age of streaming services and VPN makes all the difference.

I hadn’t seen that. Guess we will. Makes no difference to me. I’ll continue to use DAZN via vpn.

Thought missing UHD HDR & Atmos. But, I only pay DAZN £11 a month for everything. Cancelled Sky after 20 years. Too expensive in this age of streaming services and VPN makes all the difference.
Yeah, absolutely I don't have a dog in the fight either, I think discovery have just come into it because of some of the contractual issues DAZN are having, let's face it doesn't matter who buys them it's not going to be for any other reason than to make more money.

Yeah, absolutely I don't have a dog in the fight either, I think discovery have just come into it because of some of the contractual issues DAZN are having, let's face it doesn't matter who buys them it's not going to be for any other reason than to make more money.
DAZN quality isn’t great. They have been forced by the Italian government to stream Serie A in 1080.

That was why I was hoping their deal with BT would go through. We might then get UHD HDR & Atmos. Across all of their territories?

DAZN quality isn’t great. They have been forced by the Italian government to stream Serie A in 1080.

That was why I was hoping their deal with BT would go through. We might then get UHD HDR & Atmos. Across all of their territories?
The only difficulty would be that they take the international feeds and not every game is filmed in 4k and atmos, I doubt sky would be willing to share there's but you could end up with the bt games in uhd but there's bandwidth costs involved and as dazn aren't even breaking even yet they'd no doubt put the prices up, as ever the customer has to pay.

Yes going to say HDR here both on LG TV (TV's app), and, slightly more surprisingly, also on the Sky Q app.

What a joke. Just checked on my Sony tv app, it’s HDR. What are Amazon doing? I’ve paid for a Firestick Max & I’m only getting SDR! Though, the picture looks better in SDR?! I’ve got a XF9005, before somebody refers too lack of nits.

I've got HDR on my LG TV but the picture quality is appalling, same issue as the last round of matches.

No HDR on my Sky Q box where the picture quality, despite being HD rather than UHD, is slightly better, but still not an acceptable standard.

Can you see the compression on the pitch grass? I’ve got DAZN. People complain about their football resolution. It’s about the same as this. I only pay £10 for every match every league. So I’m prepared to give DAZN some slack. Plus the use of VPN doesn’t help of course.

I thought BT Sports produce Prime’s matches? They have more than enough experience of UHD HDR. I don’t understand the issue? What audio are you getting; Atmos?

Can you see the compression on the pitch grass? I’ve got DAZN. People complain about their football resolution. It’s about the same as this. I only pay £10 for every match every league. So I’m prepared to give DAZN some slack. Plus the use of VPN doesn’t help of course.
Yes, on some of the pitch side close ups and overhead shots. It’s not all of the grass when it occurs, just odd patches - very odd. Picture is generally pretty good though.

HB

Can you see the compression on the pitch grass?
That's what is most noticeable for me. It makes it looks like the grass is moving and changing shade of green - best way I can describe it. Same thing when they did a close up on Henry in the studio.

But as soon as it goes to a break the titles and adverts are absolutely perfect.

Good to read I’m not alone having issues.
Fwiw, I could only get SDR through an Apple TV 4K. Picture quality looked fine though.
Switched to a Firestick 4K and got HDR. As always for a firestick it took an age to ramp up to acceptable bitrate and pq.
A problem with both, which I couldn‘t pin down to anything in particular, was random micro stutters. Not bad enough to spoil things, but not ideal either.
I just put it all down to Amazon being Amazon tbh.🙄

Good to read I’m not alone having issues.
Fwiw, I could only get SDR through an Apple TV 4K. Picture quality looked fine though.
Switched to a Firestick 4K and got HDR. As always for a firestick it took an age to ramp up to acceptable bitrate and pq.
A problem with both, which I couldn‘t pin down to anything in particular, was random micro stutters. Not bad enough to spoil things, but not ideal either.
I just put it all down to Amazon being Amazon tbh.🙄
Funny your getting HDR on your 4K & I’m not on the Max? Is anybody else using the Max & getting HDR?

Funny your getting HDR on your 4K & I’m not on the Max? Is anybody else using the Max & getting HDR?
It's an issue with the Max - it doesn't adjust the framerate to hit HDR. There is a thread about it on the amazon forums.

Its certainly disappointing given it's the newest device and does literally everything else with no issue.

I switched my Apple TV to 4K HDR (50Hz) for the Liverpool game last night and found the quality to be great.

I switched my Apple TV to 4K HDR (50Hz) for the Liverpool game last night and found the quality to be great.
So it wouldn’t auto switch, and you manually forced it? I hadn’t thought of doing that. 🤦‍♂️

I’ll try again tonight to see if there is any change and compare forced HDR on the ATV to auto detected HDR on the Firestick while I‘m at it.

So it wouldn’t auto switch, and you manually forced it? I hadn’t thought of doing that. 🤦‍♂️

I’ll try again tonight to see if there is any change and compare forced HDR on the ATV to auto detected HDR on the Firestick while I‘m at it.
Yeah I've never been able to get HDR with the football on Prime via the ATV but was having buffering issues with the in built app on my B7 where it normally automatically detects HDR (like others have stated) so just just did a manual change and found it to be very good indeed.

I think it's like you said - Amazon being Amazon isn't it? Shouldn't have to go round the houses trying to find the best way to watch their content but here we are....

Its not April 1st is it?
Chelsea v Brighton via the Firestick is being shown at 60hz. The judder is horrendous.
Via the ATV it is 50hz and looks good.
Neither are HDR, but the ATV incorrectly says it should be.

Brentford v Man City preview is 50hz HDR from the Firestick. Looks good unsurprisingly. I assume that will continue when the match starts.
Its 50hz SDR from the ATV. Still looks good and forcing HDR does indeed look very good considering.

Conclusion:- Amazon are utterly incompetent. What you get on any device is entirely down to luck. They can’t even get it right on their own devices.
Please never give them the rights to the majority of games.

Its not April 1st is it?
Chelsea v Brighton via the Firestick is being shown at 60hz. The judder is horrendous.
Via the ATV it is 50hz and looks good.
Neither are HDR, but the ATV incorrectly says it should be.

Brentford v Man City preview is 50hz HDR from the Firestick. Looks good unsurprisingly. I assume that will continue when the match starts.
Its 50hz SDR from the ATV. Still looks good and forcing HDR does indeed look very good considering.

Conclusion:- Amazon are utterly incompetent. What you get on any device is entirely down to luck. They can’t even get it right on their own devices.
Please never give them the rights to the majority of games.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom