Football Manager 2013

Just noticed this has dropped to £7.99 at gamefly (with code) I have played every version since CM 01-02 but didn't bother with this, is it worth a punt at that price or should I just stick with 2012

I'm still playing 12, not tempted with 13 even at that price really.

I'm playing 13, and to be honest think its great. It's the version that I've played the most of, 107 hours so far. I normally play a season or 2 get bored and start again. But this time I've stuck at it.

The only irritation I have is more to do with my team. They will beat almost anyone with ease, then go on a streak of losing silly games that should be easy to win. It's almost like they get complacent and don't try for a while.
Even when I give them hell they pick up a bit but just don't defend and can't bloody score!

Who would have thought messi and ronaldo couldn't score!

I think 13 is crap. The match engine is screwed. You can randomly beat teams that should beat you and loose against ****. If you bring this up on the main forum you get the apologists claiming that happens in real life. And yes it does, but not the extent it happens in fm 13.

Anyone know where the cheapest place is for fm 12? im thinking about a downgrade?

Naaktgeboren

What caused you to turn back to FM12? Was it the tactics creator/slider system?

Someone put up a post on the official FM forums over at SI that there are stats out there showing that people are abandoning FM13 in droves and going back to FM12. I think he quoted Steam figures for his evidence. This was a week or so ago, so I might have remembered this incorrectly but I seem to recall him saying that there he'd never seen so few people playing a version of FM.

The post was deleted. I don't know whether he took it down or SI did but I couldn't find it again.

Although I'm slightly happier with the game having read some instructions on a forum about how to get it working (terrible implementation of a seemingly new way of playing FM) I still think this is the worst version of FM I've played.

It's concerning that, if you ask them, staff who work for SI think it's not an issue that people are turning to forum posts they've created for help on how to play and enjoy the game. As you can see from the feedback on those threads the information on them has helped people understand slightly better how FM13 and the tactics creator work, but without those two threads (wwfan and cleon are the SI staff who wrote them) those same people would be struggling to gets results and/or enjoy the game. So what about the multitude of people who'll never visit the forum or who don't understand English? Don't worry about it, so says SI.

The game needs a proper instruction manual with clear information and tutorials to help a player understand the TC and ME to the extent that their decisions are logically consistent with whatever logic resides behind the scenes in the game. The whole things a big mess just now.

If they don't want to produce an instruction manual they should at least put some kind of feedback system into the game that guides a player if necessary about issues such as tactics and the like.

For example, wwfan (designer of the in-game tactics creator) says that your playing strategy has to be logical and consistent among players. So you shouldn't tell your strikers to attack at all times, your midfielders to sit back and wait for the counter, and your defenders to shut up shop, because if you do you're essentially telling different parts of your team to play different types of football at the same time. That might be obvious to some people and not to others. That information was only available to readers of a post on the official forums. Your ass man should tell you in the game whether your system is consistent and logical - not some guy on a forum!

The game will fail if they don't sort it out.

WWfan is a si apologist. He always throws up these huge posts about how your wrong and the game mimics real life, yet it doesnt.

Right now this feels nothing like real football. Nothing at all. Its far too random,

I never got on with 13 due to it's inconsistencies, although my main factor with returning to 12 was due to a online multiplayer game that got past 6 days playing time.

I liked the idea of better multiplayer features with 2013, but like i said the game was just so bloody random. Anyone interested in an online 2012 game?

I'd forgotten that i'd written all that about the game. I was surprised to find out recently that I've put almost 400 hours into this version of the game as I haven't had one career save that I've played beyond one full season.

The game tends to be playable only for a few seasons, regardless of version, because after a while the AI squads of your opponents become too weak owing to poor purchasing and a flawed regen system. I've seen numerous threads about both issues on a number of FM forums. Queries about those issues tend to go unanswered on the official SI forum.

Unfortunately, there seems to be an arrogance and conceit towards posters on the official forum. They get very defensive of flawed aspects of the game and don't communicate well with some posters. A lack of competition isn't a good thing for us.

I'd forgotten that i'd written all that about the game. I was surprised to find out recently that I've put almost 400 hours into this version of the game as I haven't had one career save that I've played beyond one full season.

The game tends to be playable only for a few seasons, regardless of version, because after a while the AI squads of your opponents become too weak owing to poor purchasing and a flawed regen system. I've seen numerous threads about both issues on a number of FM forums. Queries about those issues tend to go unanswered on the official SI forum.

Unfortunately, there seems to be an arrogance and conceit towards posters on the official forum. They get very defensive of flawed aspects of the game and don't communicate well with some posters. A lack of competition isn't a good thing for us.

Your correct on the lack of competition. Basically you have football manager and football manager handheld. Football manager handheld is a joke, its random and overly simplistic.

Back in the day you had premier manager, ultimate soccer manager, tactical manager, the manager, on the ball, greame taylor, etc etc.

now you basicall have football manager

Not much help now but I downloaded a database probably a year ago which fixed Stockholm's issues with lack of competition amongst AI teams. Iccz will be able to point you in the right direction as I downloaded it on his recommendation.

In my game, I would say there are at least 13 other teams around Europe who will give you a bloody good game no matter how good you build your team.

Just downloaded this the other day. I have been playing for some hefty time on this game. I love it. its the best they have released and in great detail. The game takes some serious patience in order to get to know what to do.
I don't see an issue with the match engine like some people say its good.

752 Hours ive played this years for. Yep some kind of record i reckon. And yes i do have a job.

Anyone needs a challenge try this update and try Portsmouth. they are screwed! I can fix it though

I downloaded an update someone had done on FMScout for FM12 the other day, transfers mostly up to date, a few CA/PA changes and all the promotions/relegations accounted for. I then simulated 2 seasons to get me to this season and started with Sunderland. Looking interesting so far, no surprises in the League, Utd then Chelsea title winners, Sunderland did win the league cup though!

Got Van Buyten and Adler on a free and signing Fierro.

Seen this can be had for £1.99 and am tempted to grab it. Not played a management game for donkeys years, probabaly an early LMA Manager maybe but thoiguht i may see if i take to it..... AS uncertain i wont be spending a lot on anything, hence this is an option.

What's the thoughts on this game...?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom