Football Manager 2010 Play and Help

Oggie

Distinguished Member
early impressions ?
Mate still 40% to go :rolleyes: Bloody Steam, but cant wait to start. Only problem had quite a lot to drink while waiting :rotfl: ....gonna be one of those "who the hell did I buy last night as I cant really remember" :D

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
94% here, 10 minutes to go :thumbsup: Bloody torrent is crawling though :thumbsdow

Many people are saying that this version is bloody good, must admit I have found it hard to get into the previous couple of versions.

Oggie

Distinguished Member
94% here, 10 minutes to go :thumbsup: Bloody torrent is crawling though :thumbsdow

Many people are saying that this version is bloody good, must admit I have found it hard to get into the previous couple of versions.
Yeah so far on SIgames forum things sound good ..... cant wait :thumbsup:

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Wow..... this is bloody good :clap:

I think SI have hit the nail on the head with this version, they have removed the complicated nature of the game without removing game features.

Once you have a formation, you simply right click on the player and choose his tasks for that position, no stupid sliders anymore :thumbsup:

The 3d match is very very nice, it's the first version for ages that I actually want to watch the highlights as the game goes on. I love giving commands during the game, when you shout at the players for example 'get stuck in' this changes your match tactics accordingly, it really works well on the fly and each command can be given in 2 seconds.

The game interfaces looks very good :smashin: I was not going to bother buying this as I had lost heart with the FM series but this has now turned into a must buy for me. I would recommend this to anyone :smashin::smashin:

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
That sounds great, Naaktgeboren. I disliked the slider system as I found it too complex and unresponsive. I found it difficult to discern what influence the movement of a particular slider would have on my team and my results.

But I'm hoping this new way of creating tactics will mean that, for the first time in about 5 years, I won't need to download tactics that have been created by Gurus who know the most complex inner workings of the match engine...well, I'm hoping that's the case!

I'm at 88% - cannot wait!!!

Cheers

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
But I'm hoping this new way of creating tactics will mean that, for the first time in about 5 years, I won't need to download tactics that have been created by Gurus who know the most complex inner workings of the match engine...well, I'm hoping that's the case!

This is what's so good about this version, when you select a team you know a lot about, you already know the strengths of the team and which player is good at certain tasks, when you give commands to each player, in this version they carry out the tasks more naturally, it works great.

Watching the match makes it easy to see when your choice are getting tactically bashed.. So a few clicks later, you have evened the odds. No work today so I can get some more time in :clap:

Frankie 7

I have been Beta testing this for a while now and i must say go buy. This is massivly better than previous versions of the game and SI have taken note from previous versions of what the FM Fans really want.

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Loving this demo. The new tactical system is excellent. I went Rangers with the intention of making them a defensive team that allows the other team possession but counters in a direct manner. I used the new tactical system and it has worked very well.

I set my Rangers team up to play 442 Diamond. Here is what I wanted to happen...

I wanted my defenders to sit deep. I wanted my full-backs to be defenders first and foremost. The DMC is set to be an Anchor Man because I want him to win balls and pass to either wing. The wide midfielders - not wingers in my system - are set to support the attackers by playing quick balls up front. The AMC is set to Inside Forward as I want him to drive at defenders in order to open up space in my opponent's defence while the wide midfielders launch balls into the box. I also want him to shoot if he finds the ball at his feet outside my opponent's area. Rangers have a player who is capable of carrying out the functions I require of the Inside Forward (AMC).

The two strikers are set to Target Man and Poacher. The TM will win headers from the direct balls from the defensive players and the wide midfielders, and the poacher will pick up any rebounds or anything that drops to him in or around the box.

What happened?

It worked, and it's worked well.

Example...

I have Kyle Lafferty set to be my Target Man in one of the two striker positions. He was doing well until he got injured.

I looked down my list of subs and noticed Lee McCulloch. He has a lot of the attributes I'm looking for in a Target Man up front, namely he can head a ball really well, he is strong enough to win headers against defenders and he can jump. Only thing is that his position description says he is a DC/DM/MC.

Test - is the Match Engine versatile enough to allow a player with the correct attributes for the position to play effectively in that position despite the fact that he isn't designated as a Striker or Forward?

Answer - Yes! Resoundingly so!

McCulloch went on to score a hattrick, get an assist, hit the post once, and be clean through twice.

He received a 9.4 rating at the end of the match.

If this is indicative of the complexity and versatility of this year's match engine coupled with the power of the new tactical system this could be the greatest version of FM ever!

I've never been able to so effectively transmit what I'm thinking and seeing in my head into what I want my team to do in the game via the match engine.

Brilliant!

ps I'm having trouble getting used to the skin and where everything is now but new skins will be released in no-time once the game is released.

Also, really enjoying TV-View with the Sideline camera in windowed mode.

The animations are so much better this year. The nets ripple and it's nice to see a stadium with fans in it!

Excited!!!!!!!

Mr Moon

I've just started with Liverpool and have less than £2.5m to spend so went for loan deals. I offered £1m fee for season loan deal for chelsea striker daniel sturridge, but they refused as they were looking for an upfront fee £2.3M and future transfer fee of £721m :rolleyes:

So far liking the look of the game :)

addyb

Distinguished Member
Not played the demo yet even though im a die hard fan!

I'll just wait for the full release but thanks for the info guys, looks like Sigames are back on form!

Super Andy H

I've been playing a version of this game ever since it was Championship Manager back in 92. Went on to buy all versions from Champ Man 93 to Champ man 2 to when they became Football Manager. I'm 30 now and still buying it.. lol

I am a huge fan. Gonna try and wait for the full release at the end of the month though. I preordered from Zavvi for 17.99.

For anyone interested, here's another link to the demo - FM 2010 Gold Demo - Available Now!

booyaka

excellent demo - some lovely new additions like the sideline tactics where you can instantly change the tactics etc. Loads of options and generally feels very slick!!

Just paid £28 million for David Silva to take over on the left side for Man Utd!! Still got £36 million to spend!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

shreddies

I've not played FM in a good while, back 6 months ago I found FM07 sitting in my office drawer, so I gave it a go, and I've never been so addicted to game in my life. Can't wait for the new one, I've got it ordered here for £22.85, obviously to counter the giveaways game and hmv are doing. Shopto are sending out pre orders way before they should due to the royal mail strikes, I got PES10 yesterday and it's not due for release until Friday ;)

Oggie

Distinguished Member
Just wondering if anybody is interested in doing network game on this, can be like for few hours a week when everyone has time ;)

Darsh

Today I got my copy of the game from ShopTo I tried to install it but was told the game is not officially released yet please try again when it's out. Ohh well I can wait until Friday :)

Darsh

Anyone finding steam really slow after the new update? I installed it yesterday and it updated very quickly but today was really slow to load up so I thought something must be wrong so I uninstalled it and reinstalled steam again and yet again the updating screen is very slow. Guess steam are aware of the problem. FM2010 comes out on Friday and I don't want to have any issues on that day.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone