• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Football Manager 2009 Network Games

jimbob1010

Established Member
I bet this has been done to death but could anyone give me any help on how to set one up because me and my friend are trying to.
We have done all the normal stuff like getting eachothers IP addresses but it still says cant connect to server.
Me and my friend are both using wireless connections, will that make any difference??
Any help on where we are going wrong would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Goomba

Established Member
Hi mate,

I regulary play a network game with my mate and at first we were having the same problems as you and it's very annoying!

So...what I recommend you both do is download a programme called Hamachi...

Hamachi - Download

You then setup your own server with password etc through Himanchi which your mate then connects to. Hamanchi gives you an IP for this server which you enter into Football Manager and Bob's your Munkhouse it should enable you to see and connect to your created game.

I hope i've explained that cleary enough, but google it and have a play around with it. I've never had a problem using this programme / method.

R

r_underwood

Hi Goomba, you seem to know what you are doing. I have done everything you have said to, and i went onto fm to see if it works and it still said it couldn't connect to the server. My mates havn't joined my server yet, do they need to join for it all to work?

Many Thanks, r_underwood

Goomba

Established Member
Hi Goomba, you seem to know what you are doing. I have done everything you have said to, and i went onto fm to see if it works and it still said it couldn't connect to the server. My mates havn't joined my server yet, do they need to join for it all to work?

Many Thanks, r_underwood

hi mate

if you've setup himanchi correctly then you and you mate should be able to chat to each other a bit like msn? and a green star will appear next to his username on himanchi?

If this is the case then himanchi is setup correctly. Now go into FM and create your game, select your team etc then go into options and then network setting and make sure "run as server" is ticked. Your mate then needs to click "join network game" from the main menu and hopefully your game will appear and he can connect to it.

Hope i've explained this well enough!

R

r_underwood

Oh ryt, thanks for your help mate. Hopefully ill be able to sort it now. Thanks

R

r_underwood

Hi Goomba, i have done everything you have said to do, but when my mate clicks on network on fm and types in the server address it just comes up with:

"The server you are trying to connect to is running an incompatible version of the game"

I downloaded my version of the game, is this why it won't connect? But my mate done a server so he was the host and when i tryed to connect it came up with the same messege?

Thanks r_underwood

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Hi Goomba, i have done everything you have said to do, but when my mate clicks on network on fm and types in the server address it just comes up with:

"The server you are trying to connect to is running an incompatible version of the game"

I downloaded my version of the game, is this why it won't connect? But my mate done a server so he was the host and when i tryed to connect it came up with the same messege?

Thanks r_underwood

When you say downloaded, do you mean pirated version?? If so, it will not work.

Goomba

Established Member
you need to have the same patch. so if you've obtained the game on a download you can't patch it i don't think. you can however still play on a network game as long as your mate doesn't update his version. ie both of you need the original version 1.0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom