Football League Championship 17/18 including Fantasy Football

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, with the pre-season coming to a close and only 6 days till kick off it seems a good time to start a new thread for the coming season.

So will Middlesbrough's tactic of buying up the championship at any price pay off? Will Sunderland do a double drop? Will Ipswich make it 16 seasons? Will Norwich's German take over succeed? Will United or Wednesday be the pride of Sheffield? Are Millwall set to be the surprise package this season?

In addition this season we have an AVF league for Fantasy Football Championship this season.

If you want to take part sign up and join the league here

Telegraph Fantasy Football Championship, View League Tables, Messages, Graph

The passcode is 4567.

Let the season begin and just remember the rules on posting in the football threads :thumbsup:

And here are the opening weekend fixtures (as if anyone didn't know):

FRIDAY 4TH AUGUST
  • 19:45 Nottingham Forest v Millwall
  • 19:45 Sunderland v Derby
SATURDAY 5TH AUGUST
  • 15:00 Bristol City v Barnsley
  • 15:00 Burton v Cardiff
  • 15:00 Fulham v Norwich
  • 15:00 Ipswich v Birmingham
  • 15:00 Preston v Sheffield Weds
  • 15:00 QPR v Reading
  • 15:00 Sheffield Utd v Brentford
  • 15:00 Wolves v Middlesbrough
  • 17:30 Aston Villa v Hull
SUNDAY 6TH AUGUST
  • 16:30 Bolton v Leeds

We have a tough away match at Fulham. Craven Cottage really had been a bogey ground for us in recent years.

We have actually been looking good in pre-season, finishing with a draw at home to Brighton. Feeling a bit better about this season, but still have low expectations.

Nearly time for what looks like being a very competitive league. I'll stick my neck out and say Boro top two finish

I think Sunderland will struggle again this season. I'm thinking Boro, Hull and either Fulham, Aston Villa or Derby

Yeah I think Villa might go close. Fancied at the bookies too, least at SkyBet.

Untitled2.png

I got 10/1 on Norwich at the end of last season for promotion this season, so pretty happy with hot they have shortened. Still don't think I'll see that money again mind.

Watching the Championship highlights prog on C5, just seen the last-gasp Norwich equalizer, Fulham looked good in spells though, a good away point?

I only know one other result from today, Middlesbrough losing at Wolves so looking forward to seeing the rest of the action.

Early doors for Boro but I can see them becoming the side to beat in the coming months, I've got every faith that Monk will build a strong squad despite what the Leeds fans may think [emoji6]

Watched the highlights on the sky app. Looked a pretty even game between Norwich/Fulham. Happy with a point from our perspective. Craven Cottage really is our bogey ground.

I'm happy with the way the team is looking, Oliviera's outburst as well shows there's a passion in the dressing room to play, just hope it doesn't continue to descent. Another signing today as well.

Well that was rather good :)

We played well for most of it but we still looked abit dodgy at the back and a better team then Bolton could have probably got something from the game, but hopefully when Jansson is back that will change and Wiedwald gets more confidence in the net!

Anita could be a fantastic signing for us, really looking forward to see how he does.

First win for Boro. Bossed the first half but looked like the new side that they are in the second half! Burton on Tuesday lets get a winning run on the go [emoji122][emoji122]

Wilder wasn't happy was he ("linesman didn't do his job, simple as that") but managers seldom are when they lose. Clean sheet for Randolph and presumably Gibson (I haven't checked) and didn't Burton just ship four?

Aston Villa are finding it isn't going to be a cakewalk with the leadership of Terry and Cardiff look a serious threat early doors. I did see part of The Championship last night but joined it late because I was watching the Cahill incident on Sky.

Watched the Norwich goals on the sky sports app. Disappointing game, need to be more clinical in front of goal and actually pop some shots off.

We seem to be spending alot of tine time passing (something like 550 passes for us in the game). I'm not worried about this season but am resigning myself more to a mid table finish.

Also what's going on at Ipswich? A team tipped for relegation having a pretty solid start. Even if they do slip, those points will be crucial at the end of then season.

Ah yes, Ipswich - you'd be interested on their welfare lol, they've got a canny manager though and a few decent players, could be an outside bet for the play-offs although I don't think they'll manage it - when is the first East Anglian derby?

Meanwhile I know it's just a head to head in the fantasy league atm but the Telegraph people have fudged up my log in - if I use the link upthread I can see the league but when I log in I have no access and it just asks me to make a new team! I am waiting for them to fix it.

October is the first one with Ipswich playing at home. I think Norwich will look better by then as the squad starts to gel more and settle in to Championship football so hopefully we can pull off a draw.

I just checked my team wondering why I had so few points - I kept a load of injured players in so a few subs made this week :thumbsup:

I just checked my team wondering why I had so few points - I kept a load of injured players in so a few subs made this week :thumbsup:

Thats fine if you've got access to make transfers.
image.gif

Still haven't heard back from them, need to get access for the next gameweek.

I see Norwich have QPR later tonight, if it's on one of my sports channels I'll watch it.

23 points last night for Here We Go - much more like it!

Good win for Canaries too.
Yeh, now we've stopped knocking it around in our own half and trying to score we look good. Reed is looking a decent loan.

I think Terry will be the next casualty. I'm giving Villa another game and then he'll be dropped I think.

Yeh, now we've stopped knocking it around in our own half and trying to score we look good. Reed is looking a decent loan.

I think Terry will be the next casualty. I'm giving Villa another game and then he'll be dropped I think.

Impressed with Pinto, he was on my shortlist originally so could be an addition at some point - I think I had Chester of Villa to begin with but have ditched him now,

Impressed with Pinto, he was on my shortlist originally so could be an addition at some point - I think I had Chester of Villa to begin with but have ditched him now,

Yeh Pinto has looked good since we bought him. Absolutely fly's up the wing.

It been an interesting start to the season, I hope it continues. I still think this is one of the most exciting leagues from a anyone can do well in it perspective.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom