Food and marathon gaming?

E

Erpland

Not sure if this has been asked before

So what keeps you nourished(yeah right) during those marathon gaming sessions?

I'm a tea and toast man myself, or Dr Pepper and biscuits the first couple of days after the shopping trip (which was today and now I feel sick, hence the question).
(luckily we have a lot to do in the garden soon so can work some of it off)
In the old days we did do a couple of nights of Quake and Beer/Chinese which I'll never forget (mate got motion sick)

-Jay-

Banned
Beer Beer Beer more Beer some crisps & more beer :laugh:

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
My girlfriend generally sees to my health and well being during the marathon sessions- partial to smoked ham and stilton toasties and Pelforth :)

Sinzer

Some beer, some sarnies, some diet coke, some of whatever someone is cooking (i ain't fussy! except of cooked celery urrggghh).

Usually just beer, if I start to feel hungry I usually stop for a while to make some food, gives me a good excuse for a break.

Choccy bars are good too also fruit :)

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Bag of Howard Marks' finest, Disco's, Pringles kebab shop delivery, untold ltrs of Coke. This should keep anyone set for a marathon sesh

A

Azrikam

Pretzels, Doritos, Pringles, beer, and the occasional curry.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
You cant beat Marmite on Toast with plenty of cups of tea.

I played Prince of Persia last night for 3 hours flat. Got through 5 cups of tea and 6 slices of toast.

Yum Yum Yum

Dal

General Panic

Novice Member
Tea and shortbread or Pringles if no shortbread to hand and a large pack of Joosters :)

Panic

The biggest marathon was with my mates playing Vice City. We had loads of Iron Bru and loads of my Dad's special Sausage and Baked Beans toasties! They were soooooooooo yum!

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
hmmm used to be beer, fags, coffee, crisps, toast, pizza, pork pies, sausage rolls, chocolate bars, red wine. Now all of the above minus the fags I guess.

-Spike-

Cider and as much of it as possible :zonked:

-Jay-

Banned
Originally posted by -Spike-
Cider and as much of it as possible :zonked:
And he aint joking he has a cider tap :laugh:

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Originally posted by Tons of fun
My girlfriend generally sees to my health and well being during the marathon sessions- partial to smoked ham and stilton toasties and Pelforth :)

What happened to the diet mate? :D :devil:

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
A nice bowl of Dry roasted nuts also goes down a treat when washed down with a few cans of stella.

Stinja

Online gaming where you dont get much time, its Beer (seems popular), corn-chips and salsa dip. Sometimes i do fruit; bananas or apples.

When you've got a bit more time, i have Vogels bread with Vegimite, "fish bit" sandwich (two slices of Hovis, med, squarecut, one Birdeye "pure cod fillet", cheese, sweet chilli sauce) or a ciabatta with random stuff in it (cheese, mushrooms, salami).

I virtually have to beat the girlfriend to bring me anything when gaming, yet i get puppy-dog-eyes/console-rage if i dont instantly pause and come running when she calls... the training is coming along, but i think the cat was easier to train - bloody women ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett