1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foo Fighters Tab?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Nov 1, 2002.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Gambit would be proud of me. Been listening to the Colour and the Shape for the last few days, would like the Tab to everlong, not sure that the OLga Tabs are right.
    Good album anyway.:D

2. Dave N

Dave N
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Colour and the Shape is their best CD IMO and Everlong is a great one to play on the guitar. There's an acoustic-ish MP3 available as well - worth checking out that version as it's a beaut!

5. Muzza

Muzza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have broadband then check out their website, where you can watch an hour long accoustic set which is great. :cool:
    As far as that album goes, there's nothing quite like turning your amp up LOUD and playing 'Hey Johnny Park' :D

6. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Thanks everyone, printed all three of the acoustic TABs, one of them must be right. Got a blister from playing Wheatus 'respect', on my right hand of all things, serves me right for loosing all my piks I suppose. Ow, ow, ow.

7. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm almost crying here, I'm so proud. Try the Foo's site, I'm sure there's some decent links on there to tab and other cool stuff. TCATS is without a doubt the finest they've produced, though I have high hope for the new on (when I get round to buying it) cause Dave's been spending time with TQOTSA, han't he?

8. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Cant stop playing Everlong, I even considered sticking it on repeat have'nt done that since I was love sick and 16.

Been happily strumming it all day, theres a descending series of notes on the bridge section which reinforces the ascending scale, need another guitarist to do that bit, but otherwise it sounds fantastic. The lyrics are even at the right pitch for me, so I sound alright singing it ( well I think I do:p ).

I read a bit in Q that said the Foos were a bit upset with Dave doing a bit of moonlighting, they thought that MFTD would never have been as good without him.

9. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, right, and so do I :p

Still, it's all money in his pocket, so I guess he'll not be bothered what they say. Plus, they'd have to be stupid to leave (arguably) one of the best bands out at the moment, wouldn't they?

10. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Apparantly one of the group was getting a bit 'out of control' which is the reason Dave decided a rest was in order.
    Probably seen it all with KC and decided it was'nt going to happen again.

What happened to Kris Novalisk, just asked 'cos I bought the re treaded Nirvana album today. No great shakes, but it was interesting in a 'history lesson' kind of way. You can see how they progressed.

11. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The new CD is great, but still not a patch on TCATS ;)

12. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    ......was great shake at the time :cool:

13. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    It did'nt receive brilliant reviews, I wonder if Dave Grohl brought a lot of KCs ideas across to the Foos early on, but these have gradualy been diluted.

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure? I've listened to this a lot over the last couple of weeks. Their best album yet, and a great package together with the DVD. Just my thoughts...

15. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally given the noew foo's all the listening it deserves and the result: agree with Squirrel God. It's a fine album, and All My Life is a brilliant song, as is Low and Times like these, but there are a couple of fillers, which is really like the foo's. With TCATS and TINLTL, I can put the album on and leave it on, never skipping, but a couple on AML there's just a few that don't do anything for me. But another great ending song. The Foo's really know how to end an album:D