Quantcast

Foo Fighters Tab?

karkus30

Banned
Gambit would be proud of me. Been listening to the Colour and the Shape for the last few days, would like the Tab to everlong, not sure that the OLga Tabs are right.
Good album anyway.:D
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Colour and the Shape is their best CD IMO and Everlong is a great one to play on the guitar. There's an acoustic-ish MP3 available as well - worth checking out that version as it's a beaut!
 
M

Muzza

Guest
If you have broadband then check out their website, where you can watch an hour long accoustic set which is great. :cool:
As far as that album goes, there's nothing quite like turning your amp up LOUD and playing 'Hey Johnny Park' :D
 

karkus30

Banned
Thanks everyone, printed all three of the acoustic TABs, one of them must be right. Got a blister from playing Wheatus 'respect', on my right hand of all things, serves me right for loosing all my piks I suppose. Ow, ow, ow.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
I'm almost crying here, I'm so proud. Try the Foo's site, I'm sure there's some decent links on there to tab and other cool stuff. TCATS is without a doubt the finest they've produced, though I have high hope for the new on (when I get round to buying it) cause Dave's been spending time with TQOTSA, han't he?
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Gambit
I'm almost crying here, I'm so proud. Try the Foo's site, I'm sure there's some decent links on there to tab and other cool stuff. TCATS is without a doubt the finest they've produced, though I have high hope for the new on (when I get round to buying it) cause Dave's been spending time with TQOTSA, han't he?
Cant stop playing Everlong, I even considered sticking it on repeat have'nt done that since I was love sick and 16.

Been happily strumming it all day, theres a descending series of notes on the bridge section which reinforces the ascending scale, need another guitarist to do that bit, but otherwise it sounds fantastic. The lyrics are even at the right pitch for me, so I sound alright singing it ( well I think I do:p ).

I read a bit in Q that said the Foos were a bit upset with Dave doing a bit of moonlighting, they thought that MFTD would never have been as good without him.
 
G

Gambit

Guest
Originally posted by karkus30
The lyrics are even at the right pitch for me, so I sound alright singing it ( well I think I do:p ).
Yeah, right, and so do I :p




Originally posted by karkus30
I read a bit in Q that said the Foos were a bit upset with Dave doing a bit of moonlighting, they thought that MFTD would never have been as good without him.
Still, it's all money in his pocket, so I guess he'll not be bothered what they say. Plus, they'd have to be stupid to leave (arguably) one of the best bands out at the moment, wouldn't they?
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Gambit
Yeah, right, and so do I :p






Still, it's all money in his pocket, so I guess he'll not be bothered what they say. Plus, they'd have to be stupid to leave (arguably) one of the best bands out at the moment, wouldn't they?
Apparantly one of the group was getting a bit 'out of control' which is the reason Dave decided a rest was in order.
Probably seen it all with KC and decided it was'nt going to happen again.

What happened to Kris Novalisk, just asked 'cos I bought the re treaded Nirvana album today. No great shakes, but it was interesting in a 'history lesson' kind of way. You can see how they progressed.
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Originally posted by Gambit
I have high hope for the new on (when I get round to buying it) cause Dave's been spending time with TQOTSA, han't he?
The new CD is great, but still not a patch on TCATS ;)
 

gringottsdirect

Active Member
Originally posted by karkus30
'cos I bought the re treaded Nirvana album today. No great shakes, but it was interesting in a 'history lesson' kind of way. You can see how they progressed.
......was great shake at the time :cool:
 

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Squirrel God
The new CD is great, but still not a patch on TCATS ;)
It did'nt receive brilliant reviews, I wonder if Dave Grohl brought a lot of KCs ideas across to the Foos early on, but these have gradualy been diluted.
 

Guest
Are you sure? I've listened to this a lot over the last couple of weeks. Their best album yet, and a great package together with the DVD. Just my thoughts...
 
G

Gambit

Guest
Finally given the noew foo's all the listening it deserves and the result: agree with Squirrel God. It's a fine album, and All My Life is a brilliant song, as is Low and Times like these, but there are a couple of fillers, which is really like the foo's. With TCATS and TINLTL, I can put the album on and leave it on, never skipping, but a couple on AML there's just a few that don't do anything for me. But another great ending song. The Foo's really know how to end an album:D
 
Top Bottom