1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foo Fighters- Low

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Jul 6, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Does this sound like Qotsa or what ?? First time I have heard it, definitely influences rubbing off.

2. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or do QOTSA sound like Dave Grohl for SFTD? Discuss.

3. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange, have just downloaded that QOTSA song which he drums on, very special I think.

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Which is why I said influences 'rubbing off', but having listened to most of the Foos output I would say that the track is more influenced by QOTSA, but there is no doubt DG also had his influence on SFTD (I have rated R by QOTSA and dont think its anywhere near as good as SFTD).

5. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick, he did the drums for the whole Songs for the Deaf album, hence why it's so good (I reckon). Rated R is a very different album and more like the QOTSA if we're honest. Dave Grohl is obviously the influence, if you listen to the first two foo's albums they're a lot more angry and raw (especially the first) than the last two, which I reckon aren't true Grohl, though I still love them.

6. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Not sure I would regard SFTD as angry and raw. I think DG adds much better pacing to QOTSAs sound, he leaves space for the other instruments to breath, which improves the overall composition, same trick to Nirvana with extremely good effect.

He also seems to manage the same result when playing guitar. I think he is a tallented producer and creates an effect that is instantly pleasing to the ear.

He would probably get this result in any band that he works with and it is his signature, but I think the music and style of SFTD is ultimately QOTSAs.