Fonestar brand: CD Player and Amplifier

Hi all!

I'm new in here and I expect to give my contribution with my (limited knowledge) to the post in here, but right now I need and advice from you.

I've been using a small, cheap, all-in-one compact system, with not very good sound...

It's time to upgrade, but unfortunately, my budged is limited. So, a store near my house has the following products from Fonestar:

CD Player
Fonestar Sistemas - Reprodutor CD/USB/MP3 CD-150PLUS (172 Euros)

Amplifier
Fonestar Sistemas - Amplificador Estéreo Bluetooth®/USB/FM AS-170PLUS (225 Euros)

Now, this is, I think, a Spanish brand (or rebranded Chinese...). Their website isn't very informative about the specs and I can't find any reviews on these products.

For instance, I can't find anywhere if the CD Player supports gapless playing...

They are very cheap... and most of the times you get what you pay for, but sometimes there are bargains form hi-fi equipment that sound way better than their cost implies.

So I'm asking:
- does anyone ever tried/owned one of these products (or other from Fonestar brand)? If so, what's your opinion? They are "garbage", acceptable for the price, very good for their low price?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Fred Smith

Never heard of them though they do appear to have a UK distributor:

However no address just e-mail and phone, never a good sign for a UK supposedly based website. And the two product you list are not on their website. Wonder why?

The Fonestar website has limited specs in PDF format under:

Documentos

Ascotbilly

Looking at your budget, look at the Denon DM41 - also you don’t mention speakers you’ll need to add those also.

If you are OK with 2nd hand plenty of decent options Marantz Arcam, NAD, Rotel all should meet your budget.

check the classifieds on AV Forums always some good buys on and decent people that won’t rip you off,

Good hunting

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom