1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folk festivals!

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by rhoamish, Feb 18, 2003.

1. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of late, I've been drawn into the dark world of folk music. I blame Liz Kershaw's show on 6music, personally.

I've always walked a dangerous path between folk and rock, which is best shown by my Jetrho Tull collection. However, now I feel a strange desire to attend a folk festival, for a whole weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good one? I've heard there's one in Cambridge, but I've no idea what it's called.

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    It's not particularly 'folk' per se. But the Larmertree Festival is a very good one to go to. It has a mix of Irish folk, World music and Country. Last year, The Waterboys headlined on the Sunday night. Well worth going.

3. BallJoint

BallJoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes there is one in Cambridge and it is known the Cambridge Folk Festival, usually held in August and I believe is sponsered by the brewers of Bombadier (Charles Wells?)

I've not been for coming up to five years, but the year I went it was damn good. Kate Rusby, Eliza McCathy, The Levellers, Taj Mahal, The Poozies etc etc.

There is a website but I can't for the life of me find it.

Hope that helps

BJ

4. philst68i

philst68i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    They have a 'folk week' in Whitby, North Yorkshire every Aug, very hard to find accomodation as its so popular.